I started a new post and was going to refer to this old fan, but thought I'd posted about it before. I did a search and found this old post, so I figured I'd simply resurrect it by adding to it. BTW, I got side-tracked and never did list the old Westinghouse discussed above. I guess I need to drag it out and get it done.

Anyway, I still buy and sell old fans and STILL have 20-30 old fans here to list ... the same as I had a year ago according to the above post. It seems I sell a few, then find a few more and my "inventory" numbers don't change much over time. But, to the subject of this post. I was researching a fan I picked up at a sale a while back and stumbled on this eBay listing that just sold a few weeks ago. DAMN!! I honestly believe this guy had no clue what he had here. By his very basic description, no model number even, it makes that pretty obvious PLUS he had no reserve (no bid over minimum that had to be met before it would be sold). Half the cage is missing altogether and many of the remaining spokes are broken loose from the frame. To add insult to injury, his starting bid was $1.00!! Here's his (very basic) description:

The blades did not turn, the motor moaned at different levels when I moved the lever at the base. Note: two parts of the cage are missing and others are detached. Cage is about 14 and 1/4” in diameter.

So, it wasn't in the best condition in the world and with his description, I'm sure many interested parties never even found the ad in the first place. He got lucky as the few buyers who DID stumble upon the listing obviously knew what it was! It sold for $20,185.00! Ya' may wanna check grandma's attic when you get a chance.

westinghouse.jpg