I know I've mentioned I've always liked pocket knives - especially those in the "muskrat" configuration. I started buying a few on ebay.. mostly try to buy used stuff ('cause I like to use stuff ). The whole thing that got me interested was - hunerd (sic) years ago, before, during and after the spike in fur prices I had a Queen Steel Muskrat with the winterbottom bone handle.. I came to call it my $15,000 knife because I figured I'd skinned that many dollars worth of hides.. I about cried (probably did) when I lost it .. Only thing I could buy to replace it at that time was a Queen stockman I still have..

So - I've been looking.. Very few winterbottoms come up, and in the time I've been looking, *no* muskrats.. Lo and behold - about a week ago.. a "new" one came up with the "make offer". almost pulled the trigger - then the Scot in me thought. "wth".. I shot him a lowball and danged if he didn't take it.. So, when I paid for it in the "similar items" - hell, there's another one that only had a couple days on auction.. Long story short (okay, like Thump I don't do that ) I sniped this one and bought it really reasonable.. I couldn't find one for years - now I have two in the mail at the same time.. There's a couple more I wouldn't mind having.. but now I'm really look for bargains.. Thanks for the tips Thump!