Thread: Hogs

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar

Hogs

Hogs were shot at.
    One hog was hit. Twice. At long range with a thutty thutty. Got dark, never found him.
    Others shot big guns, and missed hogs.

Everyone got muddy.

We ate well.

Two of us stayed till yesterday. His wheely battery went out, middle of nowhere. Other than that, peaceful. Except for kids. They and their troubles will find you, no matter how isolated, because of the Devil's Spawn called cellphones.

Pictures later.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Bwana's Avatar
    Hurry up and get those pictures posted.

What you waiting for?

If home, I don't do nuthin'.

I don't start that till after 10:00.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Wasn't a lot of water this year. Dry year.

Had about 22 guys.....maybe 20 wheelies in a caravan. Had a big time. Here are a few of the trails, and one dark one of the inside of the camp house. Hard to take pics with both hands on the handlebars.

Course, you gotta stop on the river bank every now and again.......

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Bwana's Avatar
    Looks like fun!

Ok, I gotta ask. Why are y'all riding your wheelies down (or maybe it was up) the creek???
    My "disability" does not make me "disabled".

Cancer Sucks!
    http://www.mdanderson.org

I wasn't there but I'd imagine it was the same reason people do that all over the place aound here. Good southern fellowship mainly.
    BKB

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) jb's Avatar
    I guess you do that in the winter so all the damn snakes and sketters don't eat ya.
    The older I get, the better I was. I also forget my password and have to have Len reset it for me

That's not a creek, JB. That's a wheely trail through the woods. It's how you get from A, to B. If you wanna get to B, you gotta go 'through the bottoms'. The bottoms have water. Duh. It's the way it is.

We went down that wet trail to get TO the creek. See the last picture? The river is in the background. We drove THROUGH all that stuff to get TO that river. It ain't ever dry, 'cept maybe in july.

Man. You shoulda seen what it was like outside of Big Island, or on Trusten Holder before it was Trusten Holder. Four hours in a dually '50 Willys Jeep just to get to camp, which was an old houseboat tied off with cables in case it rained a lot. Middle of nowhere. That's one thing most Yankees can't fathom.........the emptiness of nothing, nowhere. Just elebbenty twelve miles from any artificial light. And most of it down really wet mud roads.

It's just who we are.

P.S.
    It was 63 degrees. Plenty of snakes. They don't bother us. They never do. As I said earlier, no one I ever knew got bit by a snake.

Skeeters are different. It WAS nice to avoid them. I have them at our farm that..........well, two of them can NOT carry a grown man off. That's a myth.

It takes at least four.