Yessir, Willie, my fastest mentioned above was in my High School hot rod (completed during the summer between h/s and college) and was my daily driver in college believe it or not. I can't imagine how much more fun that little car would have been with a little bit of today's technology. It was my street car, but set up as a barn burner that was "good" at a standing start, but better at top end (3:55 rear gear), but what added to the fun was it was also set up to be a decent little road racer (over sized sway bars, a nice set of springs, etc) but disc brakes would have sure been nice! To mention your old boss, we snagged a set of sintered iron brake shoes from Mark Donohue when he was running the Trans Am Camaro for Roger Penske. Thanks Captain! (You'll understand that one Willie) . I didn't have power brakes and when those things were cold, I had to STAND ON 'EM to get the car whoa'd down, but the saving grace was, the hotter they got, the better they worked. No power drains on that car, no fan (had electric), no a/c, no power steering ... nothing but the alternator. It was just all motor bolted directly to the transaxel. Dad blueprinted the LT1 crate motor (he was a wiz on head work) and added Manley sodium filled valves, an "experimental" Crane cam that Harvey Crane (an old friend) sent us along with his roller rockers (kind of a bitch on a street car) but it would keep pulling until I'd "chicken out" and shift! I could go on and on, but I know I get excited reminiscing and would bore most here. The sad part is, I had to store that car at Mom and Dad's house when I went into the military. They hauled it with them when they moved from Memphis to Tulsa, OK, but when they moved to Los Angeles, it was a bit of a burden, so wrote me and I ok'd the sale to a Chevy dealer in Tulsa to put on his showroom floor to build a bit of walk-in traffic. I never saw the car again after returning from the military and have no clue whatever happened to it.

My second best on the street was 167 in my stock '98 Corvette. I might have been able to squeeze another 1-2 mph in if I'd had a tailwind and more straight road, but the passenger window suddenly sucked out past the blowout clip and scared the bejeebers out'ta me! I thought the Targa top had blown off! Man did things get loud all of a sudden! I slowed her back down and the door glass laid right back into place like nuttin' ever happened.