Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Penguin's Avatar
    Food for thought....

JustTheFlu.jpg

Also is that US deaths or world wide?
    Viva Renaldo!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Penguin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BarryBobPosthole View Post
    Also is that US deaths or world wide?
    Posty I think that is a) world wide and b) the best that can be guessed at this time. There's a bit of uncertainty with the numbers BUT the death toll is more firm outside China than inside it. So it is evolving. That's the best we have at this point.

It will be interesting (in a really morbid and tasteless way) to see how the US health care system works through this. We have a lot of uninsured people who would be bankrupted just by getting tested and put into isolation. You have a lot of people with unbelievably high deductibles who are in similar shape. Hell, we are showing our ass just trying to get our system in position to test for this. So how does a system designed to extract as much money as possible from anyone who comes in contact with it perform when it is called on to deal with a real health crisis and help actual people get healthier..... in service of the health of the whole?

I don't know but I'm guessing the answer is not what we would like.

Will