Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Coronavirus

Almost every restaurant in town, National chains included, have ended their dining room service, it's take-out or delivery only (should be a boon to Uber Eats, etc).

I just heard all AMC movie theaters are now closed. Lynn's dentist called this morning to inform her that they are closing the office for 2-months. (I hope she doesn't have a dental emergency!)
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) johnboy's Avatar
    Anybody wonder if we are in a war right now with China and don't actually know it?

Like a typical Hollywood movie. Chinese scientists were developing a virus for the Chinese biological warfare department and some dufus dropped a vial, contaminating all scientists in the room. They were afraid to report it to their Commie supervisors, so went home after their shift, in turn, passing the virus on to their families. The rest of the story is developing on a daily basis.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) DeputyDog's Avatar
    Wasn’t there a Tom Clancy book involving the plot to spread some sort of worldwide pandemic?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Never try to fight an Old Dude. If you win, there's no glory; if you lose, your reputation is shot."

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master
    Moron

Kentucky Man with Coronavirus Who Refused to Self-Quarantine Being Guarded by Police Officer

March 16, 2020, 10:08 am
    One man who refused to follow quarantine orders despite his coronavirus diagnosis is now under guard as he’s forced to stay indoors, multiple outlets report

Quote Originally Posted by DeputyDog View Post
    Wasn’t there a Tom Clancy book involving the plot to spread some sort of worldwide pandemic?

Damn, he wrote so many I can’t remember if there was a pandemic one or not. I think there may have been a spin off series written by someone else that uses his name but he didn’t write. Kind of like the series on Amazon. It says ‘Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan but Clancy never wrote a letter of it.

BkB
    Viva Renaldo!

He wrote two identical books?

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) DeputyDog's Avatar
    Finally bothered to look it up. It was part of the plot of Rainbow Six. The plot was an Ebola like virus was released during the Olympics and the company that developed the vaccine was part of the plan to destroy the population as part of some environmental groups hope to save the earth from humans. The vaccine turned out to be fake and killed people like the virus.

New green deal, virus causing drop in carbon dioxide emissions in China, Olympic year, kinda sounds familiar.

"Never try to fight an Old Dude. If you win, there's no glory; if you lose, your reputation is shot."

John Clark was my favorite Clancy character. He kinda took it over the line with all of the follow on Rainbow Six stuff. Without Remorse is my 2nd favorite Clancy book where he introduces John Clark.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Ohhhh brother!

Ohhhh brother!

I thought Clear and Present Danger was a really good movie but I didn't like Willem Dafoe as the John Clark character. I wish they could have used somebody like Hugh Jackman or Daniel Craig. Or maybe Dolph Lundgren. Somebody that actually looked tough. Dafoe looked like a salesman on vacation

lol I agree! He was a navy seal for chrissakes. Marky Markwould’ve been good in that role.

Speaking of, if you’re looking for a good tvshow, checkout Spencer Confidential on Netflix. Modern day throwback to the old private eye tv shows.
    Only with cussin and matress dancin.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

I dunno, without Robert Urich and Avery Brooks it’d be hard to watch. That’s why I didn’t watch the new Hawaii Five-0, no Jack Lord or James McAuthur. As a matter of fact, when Robert Parker died, I tried to read the next Spenser written by Ace Atkins I got two paragraphs into it and knew it wasn’t Parker.

Some things just aren’t meant to be changed

Marijuana sales surge amid coronavirus outbreak - https://thehill.com/policy/healthcar...virus-outbreak
    Viva Renaldo!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) johnboy's Avatar
    The Three W's - whiskey, wine and weed. Get you through any emergency. As Virgil Flowers would say: fuck a buncha Chinese virus!

or as the old saying goes....weed will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no weed.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!