Thread: Coronavirus

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Penguin's Avatar
    RJ Gottlieb showing the proper response to being told that coronavirus had been diagnosed in his hometown.

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin View Post
    RJ Gottlieb showing the proper response to being told that coronavirus had been diagnosed in his hometown.
    Ha ha Willy! When I first started that video I thought I was gonna see some smokin' rubber. As soon as he started I thought dang ... he's runnin' a mighty tall gear! Then I realized he was shootin' for top end. Wow! 220 on a country road would be a white-knuckler. 187 was my tops on the street and it sure upped the heart rate as I found out a flat stretch of highway ain't really all that flat! 'Course I was rolling on 60's technology also AND it was my daily driver, but I can't even imagine 220 on the “street”.

I'm assuming that video was from the Silver State Challenge? I remember when the rural Nevada highways had no speed limit. I believe the speed limit signs read something like: "Limited to highway conditions" or something similar. All that meant was they suggest you slow down if it's raining. Of course, how often does it rain in Nevada? ('Course, during the SSC, it would be a closed course)

I think the no speed limit thing was also in Montana back in the day. (?)