Congrats Johnboy! Unless you're just the unluckiest guy in the world, you shouldn't have ANY problems with it and you'll love it. I bought my first Toyota pick-up in 1981 and it's the only thing I've driven since! In fact, I had 5 of them on the road when I had my business and even my employees (who could easily destroy a frigging anvil!) couldn't break 'em. Everyone asks me why I don't drive a Tundra and the honest answer is I just don't "need" it. The Tacoma fits the total bill for me plus I save quite a bit of coinage staying with the mid-size.

As for the Rav4 ... naaa, never could see it. I always drive a Tacoma, but I bounce around on Lynn's cars. For a while, she also drove a Tacoma (I charged it to the company as she was "my secretary" as far as Uncle Sam was concerned).

She's also had 3 or 4 Avalons (can't remember now), a Sequoia (too frigging big) and is now in a fully loaded Highlander. I have to admit, I love the Highlander, especially on road trips, but the Avalon has always been her favorite and she wants another one next time around.

Funny you should mention the sandbags B/S! When a hurricane was headed this way a couple years ago, I went down to pick up some sandbags as we sometimes get water under one of our patio doors if the wind is blowing the right direction. The storm turned and never hit here, so I was left with a truckload of sandbags and had no use for them. They stayed in the back of my Tacoma for a frigging year! I was finally shamed by Lynn to get rid of them. Granted, I didn't have to worry about snow and ice, but I kind of enjoyed the smooth ride with the added weight back there.

You can tell by the dirt, leaves and debris that they'd been back there for quite a while when this pic was taken.

DSCN5069.JPG