Thread: Recently it's been cold and wet and boring so

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master

Recently it's been cold and wet and boring so

I went back to the very beginning on page one and started working my way thru most every topic moving toward the present. When I get thru, that'll have been about 535 pages and roughly 10,700 topics. However three things really stood out to me,

1) There's some really intelligent really good guys here.
    2) Admit it or not, we're family. Closer than actual blood kin in most cases
    3) We've lost a lot of members that we don't really know exactly what happened to them, they just dropped off the face of the earth. Died, moved to China, been raptured up or whatever. Just gone.

I've made up my mind that I don't want that to happen to me. Now as far as I know, I'm good for another 20 years or so but I'm sure most of them we've lost felt the same way but things have a way of happening.

All this is leading up to one thing, I realized that aside from an email account, I have no contact information from anyone here on this site except Arty. So I have a favor, I'm going to leave my number out here for a day or two and I'd like for a couple of you to text me so I can add you to my contact list. I'll instruct my son to contact everyone on my list to tell them that I've gone into a strict Jesuit order and can't associate with you deplorables or succumbed to a rabid gopher or Taylor Swift has kidnapped me and is holding me as a sex slave.
    Last edited by quercus alba; 03-19-2020 at 09:25 AM.

I’ve thought about the same thing more than a few times. Bill CoNine and I had an arrangement and his wife contacted me when he passed. I had the same arrangement with Bill Rummel (Mauserman) and again, his wife contacted me. Same deal with Bill Steils (Fido). I’ve often wondered how many here have simply quit posting or something happened that we know nothing about. I’ll get a text out sometime tonight.

Msg. sent
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain