Thread: Fishin' junque ....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I own two little flexible Slater crappie poles and a little piece of folded-over felt with about six little crappie jigs inside, which fits into my shirt pocket....total cost is about $30 bucks, and my freezer is nearly always full of fillets.....just saying.

'Course, if I was chasing some big ole tarpon or barracuda, I'd prolly get me a little stiffer crappie pole with some heavy 10# test line.

Why in the world would anyone need even a tenth of all that stuff in the Thump's picture???
    Last edited by Big Muddy; 02-18-2020 at 06:55 PM.
    Southern Gentleman

Quote Originally Posted by Big Muddy View Post
    Why in the world would anyone need even a tenth of all that stuff in the Thump's picture???
    Muddy, the key word in your question is "need".

Before I had to sell off my collection after getting out of the hospital, I had about 30-40 or so guns of all sorts. When my brother from Northern California (need I say more?) would be here visiting, he'd give me this incredulous look and ask, "Why the "f" do you need all those guns?" I always gave him the same answer, "I don't "need" them, I WANT them!" He'd just shake his head and look at me like I'm some sort of nut-case.

At 90% of these sales, I'll see granny's collections of tiny plates, or little silver spoons from every state. The guys will have collections of pocket knives, shot-glasses, Zippo cigarette lighters or ashtrays. There's always something that somebody collects and you can always ask the same question ... "why do they need all those (fill in the blank)"?

Here's another pic from that same sale. Why does he need all these goofy pocket knives?

1.jpg
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain