Thread: Tax refunds......

Tax refunds......

Southern Gentleman

Ha! I’d have the rear wheels and would have to wait until next year for the fronts. We have no State income tax!

That would really f-up his gas mileage .... he'll always be driving uphill.
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master
    I decided to do my taxes online this year so I shopped around and H&R Block had the highest rating of the “free” services so I started an account and jumped in. A few pages in and it told me I’d need a more sophisticated version which I could purchase for $29.99. I said ok and everything went along smoothly so I started on my state taxes which was an additional $36.99 so I said ok and finished up and then at the end I was told it was $34.99 for refund transfer.

Btw, did I mention that it said free federal and free state?

I said, delete account.

If you’re going to screw me I expect to get kissed first

Bunch of crooks

Just turn your damn postcard in and quicherbichin.

Yours does fit on a postcard right?

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

I don’t have to file, but I’ve always done Lynn’s taxes using Turbo Tax. We have no State income tax, but their Federal tax return has always been free. This year, I went through the whole process and at the END, when I was ready to hit the submit button, they all of a sudden came up with a required $29.95 charge because she has an IRA. She’s had an IRA for 35 years and not a darned thing has changed compared to her previous tax returns. “Something” has changed this year with the rules for their “free” tax prep. I have no clue what it is, but it pissed me off they didn’t mention it until all the work was already completed. I paid it under duress and I may shop them next year, but something tells me there’s been a change in the rules and they’ll all be taking advantage of it.

free-free-free-free-free-free-free-free-free !!!!.....that's what their tv ad says about their tax service.....they lie-lie-lie-lie-lie-lie-lie !!!!!
    Southern Gentleman

The ad that pisses me off is the one that has the dude that missed paying his taxes for six years and OptimaTax Relief got the mean old IRS off his back for pennies on the dollar.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Ha, sounds like Bucky story.
    Southern Gentleman

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master
    Okay, I went to Credit Karma and did my taxes. Quick, easy and totally free. Took about 30-45 minutes and clicked the send, five minutes later I got a confirmation that it had been accepted had a link where I can print out everything and what to do if an audit ever happens.

Highly recommend it, it's even got a tracker to follow the refund process

H&R Block sucks big weenies

Q/A ... can you remind me of Credit Karma next year? I'm sure I'll forget by then.

Yep, I had the tracking and all that good stuff. The refund was deposited into my checking account just days after submitting.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) airbud7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by quercus alba View Post
    Okay, I went to Credit Karma and did my taxes. Quick, easy and totally free. Took about 30-45 minutes and clicked the send, five minutes later I got a confirmation that it had been accepted had a link where I can print out everything and what to do if an audit ever happens.

Highly recommend it, it's even got a tracker to follow the refund process

H&R Block sucks big weenies
    I did not know that, Thanks for the heads up!

After being pissed off this year, I'll be shopping next year. What will suck is going back through the whole initial process. With Turbo Tax, they already have all my info on file and when I log in, all the forms are automatically populated. They even have access to the W-2 and the info automatically updates. I basically just have to go back through to verify and/or log any changes (investments, losses, write-offs, etc). The fact their "no charge" policy changed suddenly is what pissed me off. We've had an IRA every year I've used them. What changed to demand a charge this year? Just dropping the bomb as the "send" key is hit, pissed me off. Looks like I'll be checking out Credit Karma next year. Thanks for the legwork and heads-up.

One irritating thing they do is it seems with every key stroke, they try to sell you an upgrade of some sort. It would get irritating after a while. After the b/s they pulled this year, I'm definitely due for a change.