Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: One thing I've learned in life

Lynn was talking to her family last night. Her bro and sis-in-law are scrambling to figure out their child care situation as they're shutting down the schools there. Lynn's mom (in her 80's) fainted a couple weeks ago and luckily was talking to a neighbor at the time. The neighbor caught her before she hit the ground and possibly cracked her head open. She was taken by ambulance to the ER and has a follow up for further testing this week to try figuring out what's going on. The doc's office called her yesterday and told her not to come in because it's too dangerous for her. WTF?? This thing is getting crazy.
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) HideHunter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by quercus alba View Post
    I guess my biggest issue is that I have ZERO faith in anything the media puts out. ZERO. You get more accurate news from the National Enquirer
    Hear Hear!

Okay (Barry ) this may overstate it a bit (for me) but: For years I have listened to people say how biased Fox News is (and they are).. but recently there is zero difference in the bias of the blue news.. they don't even *try* to be subtle (or sneaky) any more..and I wish you *could* refer me to where I could get information I could trust..

And Jim - your comment on "commentary".. very much agree.. Almost every "large market" news person wants to *be* the news - not report the news..

Whew.. that's a lot of effort - I think I'll take the rest of the day off and go fishing..
    Last edited by HideHunter; 03-13-2020 at 09:48 AM.
    If you turn a dog loose to hunt – you’d better to be ready to deal with what he trees.

HH, its more the ‘all or nothing’ mindset I was talking about. Sure, there is bias in practically everything. Its up to our brilliant selves to sift the pepper from the fly shit. Otherwise, we might be willfully ignorant.

To each their own!

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master
    Well, got my nucks, got my pepper spray and my knife, guess I'm ready to go battle the crowds at Walmart. Hope I don't get knifed over a roll of toilet paper

Its the milk and egg aisle where the hard cores hang out.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

I like looking for high beams in the frozen foods section.

Its one of the main reasons I do all of our grocery shopping! I love it around 3:30. And the talent is definitely better at the local Sproutsthan any of them.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) DeputyDog's Avatar
    When I was in high school I worked at the local grocery store. The town I lived in was on a lake and the store was just across the street from it and people would regularly come into the store from their boats. It was impressive to see what air conditioning on a hot summer day would do to the women who came in wearing their swim suits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Never try to fight an Old Dude. If you win, there's no glory; if you lose, your reputation is shot."

One of the best jobs I ever had was working at a gas staionin a college town. I was known for my windshield cleaning.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Hombre's Avatar
    Coronavirus really brought this place to life.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) DeputyDog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hombre View Post
    It’s the last gasp before it kills all of us.

"Never try to fight an Old Dude. If you win, there's no glory; if you lose, your reputation is shot."

Quote Originally Posted by Hombre View Post
    I figure this is a safe space. If it weren’t, we’d all have caught some kind of disease from Kribbs by now.

Viva Renaldo!

HEY!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BarryBobPosthole View Post
    One of the best jobs I ever had was working at a gas staionin a college town. I was known for my windshield cleaning. BKB

Ditto P-hole. I worked a gas station back in the mini-skirt days. I'd set the pump handle on the slowest auto-fill setting available and I think the windshield would be about .0001" thinner once certain cars pulled out of there! It's odd how that pesky spot took so long to get off the glass ... you know, like where that gnat splattered. (always on the driver's side)

Well, I survived my foray into the deepest darkest regions of Walmart. I got my cart and headed straight to the toilet paper aisle and as luck would have it, there was one package left. I sprinted toward it but there was an 80 something granny ( who must have been a sprinter in her younger years) beat me to it. Fortunately there was no one else in sight so I was able to run her over with my cart and wrestle it from her grip. Later I found a good supply at another store so I went back to give her a package. Sadly the ambulance had already come and carried her away

that's the way life goes sometime

Quote Originally Posted by quercus alba View Post
    Well, I survived my foray into the deepest darkest regions of Walmart. I got my cart and headed straight to the toilet paper aisle and as luck would have it, there was one package left. I sprinted toward it but there was an 80 something granny ( who must have been a sprinter in her younger years) beat me to it. Fortunately there was no one else in sight so I was able to run her over with my cart and wrestle it from her grip. Later I found a good supply at another store so I went back to give her a package. Sadly the ambulance had already come and carried her away

that's the way life goes sometime
    Survival of the fittest, baby!!!

Beating up an old lady violates the new social distancing guidelines!

You oaf!

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

I didn't touch her, I used my cart. Afterwards I sanitized my hands and the package with some Germ X I got out of her buggy

You're just lucky you live in Murica.

russiagrandma.jpg

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) HideHunter's Avatar
    Got a buddy I've fished with since we were about nine.. He always could -and still can - spot a nipple at a hundred yards. He can tell you if a gal walking down the other side of the street is wearing a bra.. We're getting to the age now - I guess he's a classic dirty old man. Now, I most certainly appreciate a nice rack but 1) I'm simply not that observant and 2) as my wife has said.."If she's not leading a dog or carrying a fish.. he won't pay any attention." This whole "getting old" thing..

78686742_10219199717455001_3139027400046673920_n.jpg
    If you turn a dog loose to hunt – you’d better to be ready to deal with what he trees.

Well, I just tried it a dozen times, to no avail. I guess I'm not capable.