Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gun Find Challenge

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Big Skyz's Avatar
    I've seen the South and it is very thick cover down there, but it is a different kind than we have out West. My definition of thick cover is if you can't see through it, can't bull doze yourself through it, can't see more than a foot infront of your face, and it's dark because light has a hard time showing through, then it's thick cover. Now take that thick cover, add an extremely steep pitch that never seems to top out, and no roads, cell or gps service for miles, then you'll know what I have 30 minutes from my front door. If you desire even more of an adventure we can go an hour and a half from my door and have the same dark, thick environment, but add grizzly bears, wolves, black bears, and mountain lions to the mix. Where I live we only have to deal mostly with black bears and mt. lions. Which btw, is fine by me as I don't much care for wolves or grizzly bears. In the summer time you can add mosquitos, black flies, gnats, and rattle snakes as well.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    You're gettin' worse'n Posthole. You're gettin' mad if you can't win. So fine, you win. Your cover includes mt. lions and grizzly bears, and meese's to boot. Our cover is just briers and vines and stuff. And you do have fewer people than we do, and a bigger area. But you got a LOT of nothing, not even air. My grandkids in CO Springs don't have air, either. I have to take some with me when I go there. I saw some of your cover..........and although I was about 400 miles from your house, I could still see it! And we are one of the few places on Earth that have all five of the N. American poisonous snakes......rattlers are common, but safe, you can hear them. And we are the world's leading producer of rice. You wanna talk mosquitoes, you are an amateur, I assure you.

By the way, you guys get your sunlight 8 minutes after it leaves the Sun. In our thicker cover, it's 11 minutes. Just sayin'.....
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckrub View Post
    And we are one of the few places on Earth that have all five of the N. American poisonous snakes......rattlers are common, but safe, you can hear them.
    Maybe you're kidding. Hell, I can't tell for sure half the time on these forums. Arkansas has 6 venomous snakes: W. Diamondback Rattler, Timber Rattler, Pygmy Rattler, Copperhead, Cottonmouth, and Coral Snake. This is by no means a complete list of N. America's venomous snakes. Now that I think about it, you had to be kidding. Nevermind

All this snake talk is likely to make Birddog pee on the rug.

BKB

You can't tell when I'm kidding?

HMmmmm.

OK. Well, it's when I'm typing.

P.S.
    Nobody I ever knew in Arkansas EVER got bitten by a snake. You? I know lots of folks had car wrecks, bad marriages, ugly girlfriends, tick fever, cat scratch fever, heart attacks, neuritis, neuralgia, and the heartbreak of psoriasis, but I never ever knew anyone get bit by a snake.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) DeputyDog's Avatar
    I tried to lighten the mood by making a road hunting crack, and no one noticed you guys just want to argue today.
    "Never try to fight an Old Dude. If you win, there's no glory; if you lose, your reputation is shot."

Good humor is lost on these deranged infidels, Deputy. I read it and gave a hearty HA HA HA. Even tried to help.

BKB

My elementary years were spent in Arizona. They have 21 different poisonous snakes. I swear I ran across nearly all of them while running around outside...and a few inside!
    Banded Burrowing Snake
    Brown vinesnake, Mexican vinesnake, Tropical vinesnake
    Sidewinder Rattlesnake
    Grand Canyon Rattlesnake
    Arizona Black Rattlesnake
    Great Basin Rattlesnake
    Tiger Rattlesnake
    Hopi Rattlesnake
    Ground Snake
    Lyre snake
    Mojave Rattlesnake
    Night Snake
    Northern Blacktail Rattlesnake
    Prairie Rattlesnake
    Southwestern Blackhead Snake
    Speckled Rattlesnake
    Western Coral snake
    Western Diamondback Rattlesnake
    Western Hognose Snake
    Western Shovel-nosed Snake

This just might have something to do with why I hate them so much. Heck, this isn't even counting the non-venomous snakes down there.

I wuz talking about the USA, dufus.

And you cheated twicet. TEN of those are "rattlesnakes". We don't care if they married their cousins or not, they're rattlers.

DeputyDog you just need to get out more.

'ground snake'.

Gulp.

Is there a sky snake then that's non-poisonous?

And Bucky don't forget, they grow pot out there so thick that even the Mexicans get lost in their fields.

BKB

BBP, don't know if there is a sky snake, but there is a Flying Snake. Does that count?

Oh, lordy. Now I can't go back outside again.

How about the old Sneaky Snake?
    My "disability" does not make me "disabled".

Cancer Sucks!
    http://www.mdanderson.org

Snow snakes are the ones that scare me. Makes ice fishing hazardous.
    BKB

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Bwana's Avatar
    That's why seasoned ice fisherman always have snake bit medicine with them.