Thread: Well, since I finally got some breathing room......

Well, since I finally got some breathing room......

Since I gotta little time on my hands, let me introduce everyone to Josie.....she's a sweet 16 weeks old, now, and smarter than most of my neighbor's kids.....and, she can cover ground quicker than my day'um Polaris Ranger.
    She's given me a new lease on life!!!

josie.jpg
    Last edited by Big Muddy; 03-19-2020 at 10:33 PM.
    Southern Gentleman

Beautiful pup!
    Hide all the shoes!

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Is she wearin’ booties, or has she been walkin’ in the mud?

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    Nothing cuter than a speckled pup!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    Is she wearin’ booties, or has she been walkin’ in the mud?
    Ha, those are her huge, big-azz, webbed paws.
    Southern Gentleman

Is she gonna do some squirrelin’
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) DeputyDog's Avatar
    Nice looking pup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Never try to fight an Old Dude. If you win, there's no glory; if you lose, your reputation is shot."

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Penguin's Avatar
    That is a beautiful puppy.... that looks like one I would never be able to keep up with. Which is exactly how a good bird dog ought to look.

Will

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Big Skyz's Avatar
    Good look'n pup.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    Is she gonna do some squirrelin’
    You bet she is, Cap !!!
    Southern Gentleman

When you get that knot on the back of her head wore down about even she’ll be a great dog!

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Like "father", like daughter ... both knotheads.
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

I just gave her weekly weighing, and she's hit her 50% adult size at 26 lbs.....so, I decided it's time she got fitted with her new tracking collar, and she isn't a happy camper.....sorta like putting a saddle on a green colt for the first time.....she's bucking and running around the yard, trying to get rid of that thing.....hilarious!!!
    Southern Gentleman

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Hombre's Avatar
    That dog atta be on some upland birds.. beautiful dog.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Bwana's Avatar
    Congratulations on a fine looking pup. Looks to me like a German Shorthair, is that correct?

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Hombre's Avatar
    That's what I thought it was Bwana. Shame she's on tree rats and not some quail.

My bet is she’ll be a general purpose all around spoilt farm dog who’ll hunt about anything available.

IOW a GOOD dog.

Once you wear that knot down even with her skull.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Yep, she's a GSP, and unbelievably intelligent.....got her microchipped a few days, ago, and insured her, too.....looking forward to the loss of those baby teeth !!!
    Last edited by Big Muddy; 03-25-2020 at 06:55 PM.
    Southern Gentleman

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master
    About 15 years ago Barney (my red cur) died from heartworms despite his heartworm medicine. It broke my heart and I said I'd never let myself have another dog do that to me. Shortly after that we rescued a lab mix puppy who for about five years thought his name was, "You're not Barney". He's about 14 now and I'll pet him, feed him and buy his dog food but he's not Barney and another dog will never make me cry again. When he's gone, I'll buy a couple of those motion sensors that sound like a German Shepard trying to eat you alive for when I'm gone but I won't have another dog. Lee is a good dog and probably deserved a better master but it is what it is. I sometimes wish that God would have given dogs a human lifespan and humans a dogs. Be a lot less hate in the world

I felt exactly the same way, QA, after I had to put Sandy down, last year.....well, since I'm approaching my golden years, I decided to train one more dog, before I kick the bucket.....and, boy, am I glad I did.....Josie is adding years to my life, every day, and I have absolutely fallen in love with her.....however, I'm not naive, and realize something could happen to her in a nanosecond(just like us humans).....if so, then I will have enjoyed her company for that specific amount of time, and move on to, hopefully, one of her puppies.....that's life, and I have decided I will no longer dwell on my sorrow.....like the man said, "Get busy living, or get busy dying" !!!
    I did not get puppies from Sandy, and I wish I had, now.....I WILL get puppies from Josie.
    Last edited by Big Muddy; 03-25-2020 at 06:53 PM.
    Southern Gentleman

We had a grand dog that we adopted from our son. He was about a three year old husky and my son had really worked hard on his training. Hands down one of the best dogs I’ve ever known. We had him three years and he died from liver cancer.Fast forward to last summer and same son got ahold of us as we were leaving for a weekend float trip on the Current River in Missouri. He said he knew of a litter of husky puppies that had been abandoned along with the sire when the people just moved and left them. So we made a snap decision and took the only two remaining ones that were alive.
    Man. What a bunch of work. I love husky dogs but as pups they are a handful and more. They’re ten months now and finally learning some manners. They’re gonna be good dogs. And they are bonded like their brains are wired together. The female is alpha and protects the male. Amazing. Ey went through a lot together and we couldn’t separate them.

I’m gonna like a lot more when they grow up!

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

We had a grand dog that we adopted from our son. He was about a three year old husky and my son had really worked hard on his training. Hands down one of the best dogs I’ve ever known. We had him three years and he died from liver cancer.Fast forward to last summer and same son got ahold of us as we were leaving for a weekend float trip on the Current River in Missouri. He said he knew of a litter of husky puppies that had been abandoned along with the sire when the people just moved and left them. So we made a snap decision and took the only two remaining ones that were alive.
    Man. What a bunch of work. I love husky dogs but as pups they are a handful and more. They’re ten months now and finally learning some manners. They’re gonna be good dogs. And they are bonded like their brains are wired together. The female is alpha and protects the male. Amazing. Ey went through a lot together and we couldn’t separate them.

I’m gonna like a lot more when they grow up!

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Josie made her first honest-to-goodness point, late this afternoon.....it was only a momma killdeer, sitting on her nest, but a spectacular point, nonetheless!!!

jo1.jpg
    Last edited by Big Muddy; 03-26-2020 at 12:06 AM.
    Southern Gentleman

Postie, I've given no pity on Josie's nose with rolled up newspaper, and she learned very quickly what "no" means.
    Southern Gentleman