Thread: Hello

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar

Hello

Hello guys. Have been contacted by some asking if me and Mama are ok with all this insanity going on. I was asked to check in and let y'all know.

We're fine. We got back from Florida on Friday night. As far as we know, we are fine. We both have some health issues, so every time we cough we run and take our temp. But so far, I assume we're good. We are NOT going out, just staying in. We may have to use the Kroger online ordering and pickup soon, to get milk, bread, etc.........IF there is any. We have enough TP to make it several weeks, maybe longer. I found a Dollar General in Florida that had some right before we left.

Doctor visits, cataract surgery, medicine running out...........all of that was to be fixed or occur in first part of April. Have no idea how we'll do all that. Trying to figure it all out.

Have a life long friend going through some of the most horrible life events that a human can imagine. I'm trying to deal with that too. He is wanting to go fishing, not sure how to say 'no'. Mother is 92 and I can't go next door to see her. I don't know what illnesses I might have brought back from Florida.

I hear from friends here that Lowe's and Walmart parking lots are packed. Friend I mentioned above lives near a big park, and he said families are out playing and having kids' birthday parties, and riding bikes, and walking all over town. As if this is all nothing. Those are the folks I worry about.........they seem to be ignoring reality, at the selfish expense of others. As a COPD AND a heart patient, I guess I'm a bit leary of doing anything.

So, that's the long version....

Gotta run. I did nothing yesterday, and I didn't get finished due to laziness. So, I need to go see if I can get back on that task, and get it finished soon. Thanks to those checking on us.

Bill
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) HideHunter's Avatar
    So good to hear from you.. stay safe.. and "stop in" when you can.
    If you turn a dog loose to hunt – you’d better to be ready to deal with what he trees.

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master
    If there was ever any doubt that the coronavirus was going to kill us all, then it's gone now. Bucky posting is a sure sign of the apocalypse.

Glad for the drive by brother, if you're ever around Millwood lake drop me a note. I'm only 10 minutes from the state park. Pretty nice place to camp for any wanderers passing thru

I really only have one question.

Did the deer ever show back up at your hunt club?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bucky? .... Bucky? .... Buc .... OH YEAH! Hello buddy! I remember you now! Good to hear from you and glad to hear you guys are doing ok so far. This is just plain crazy. I went to Walgreens this morning and they have squares taped off 6-ft. apart all over the floor with signs that say, "one customer per square'! I kid you not. This is nuts. Headed to sam's now ... I'm sure the craziness will continue! Good to hear from you.
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) jb's Avatar
    Thanks for checking in Bill, think about you often.
    Hope you are still enjoying the RV life, maybe you can head North again someday.
    Stay well and keep in touch.
    The older I get, the better I was. I also forget my password and have to have Len reset it for me

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    Glad to hear you’re doing okay, Bucksnort!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) DeputyDog's Avatar
    Thanks for checking in Bill. Glad things are going ok for you.

"Never try to fight an Old Dude. If you win, there's no glory; if you lose, your reputation is shot."

Good to hear you andthe family are doing well. I was thinking about you just yesterday.

Stay safe and ‘Welcome home’.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) johnboy's Avatar
    Good to hear from you again Bucksnort. Keep your head down and your powder dry.

Quote Originally Posted by Arty View Post
    I really only have one question.

Did the deer ever show back up at your hunt club?

Actually yeah. Saw more decent racked bucks than...........well, ever. Not many does. But I wasn't there the whole season either. I missed a really good one with Muzzleloader. Saw him again in gun season, for a split second. Odd deer. TALL.......longest legs I ever saw on a deer. Both times, traveling with a little 6 point (who was ok, just young) and he was a good 18 inches taller at the shoulders than the 6. One guy killed his best ever. Now, none of these would impress any of y'all, but they have been a step up.

Odd also, we just had our annual deer club meeting yesterday.............by conference call. Imagine that.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Quote Originally Posted by jb View Post
    Thanks for checking in Bill, think about you often.
    Hope you are still enjoying the RV life, maybe you can head North again someday.
    Stay well and keep in touch.
    Will be in Shipshewana for month of August. Come on down.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) DeputyDog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckrub View Post
    Will be in Shipshewana for month of August. Come on down.
    Let me know when you’re there. That’s right next door to me.

"Never try to fight an Old Dude. If you win, there's no glory; if you lose, your reputation is shot."

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Big Skyz's Avatar
    Bill it is genuinely good to hear from you, and to know you are still kicking. May God watch over you and yours until this all passes.

Bucky, I thought about you recently, when I was in your neck of the woods, squirrel hunting.....that was a great squirrel hunt we had together on your place.
    Glad you and the missus are doing well.
    Southern Gentleman

Quote Originally Posted by DeputyDog View Post
    Let me know when you’re there. That’s right next door to me.

Yeah, I had planned to call you then. We'll see if it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckrub View Post
    Actually yeah. Saw more decent racked bucks than...........well, ever. Not many does. But I wasn't there the whole season either. I missed a really good one with Muzzleloader. Saw him again in gun season, for a split second. Odd deer. TALL.......longest legs I ever saw on a deer. Both times, traveling with a little 6 point (who was ok, just young) and he was a good 18 inches taller at the shoulders than the 6. One guy killed his best ever. Now, none of these would impress any of y'all, but they have been a step up.

Odd also, we just had our annual deer club meeting yesterday.............by conference call. Imagine that.
    That’s a dandy! Probably too tough to eat, I prefer the little ones with buttons. They fry up nice!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Penguin's Avatar
    Good to hear Bill. I hope you and your family continue to dodge this thing.

Will

Is this really BuckRub? Well I’ll be.
    Good to read you are your wife are doing well
    Stay safe and don’t mess around to much with this China Virus making the rounds
    Take care,Larke
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Bwana's Avatar
    Welcome back Bucky, good to hear from you again.

Stay healthy...and that goes for all you dufes on here.

We are a week into the self-isolation thing and have our fingers crossed.