Thread: For all the newly-minted Cuomo fans.....

For all the newly-minted Cuomo fans.....

This is from a New Yorker, who lives there.

Peter Palazzo
    1 hr.

For all the newly minted Cuomo fans:

"""Remember this...
    Yesterday Cuomo complained that New York doesn't have enough ventilators. But in 2015, when he was supposed to purchase an additional 16,000 needed ventilators ($36,000 apiece / $576M), to safeguard New York's emergency supply, he declined to do so. Instead, he squandered the $750M on a solar panel factory in Buffalo. Now that New York has no emergency supply, Cuomo faigns righteous indignation as he blames President Trump! Remember the factory that his friends went to jail for. He let prisoners out murderers and rapiers he is bad for NY and Horrible Fir New Yorkers he is a Fake Phony lying son of a bitch that watch you and your family drop dead. Don’t be fooled by his bullshit."""
    Southern Gentleman

Hindsight is 20/20 isn’t it.
    It’s why Monday morning quarterbacks are so good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve watched his briefings and he is showing leadership in a tough time. Not sure I’d call myself a newly minted fan but I know leadership when I see it.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    Do we even know that is true or just crap generated by some Russian troll farm? I honestly have no idea. But, it’s a good idea to question everything at this point - whether we agree with it or not.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    I ain't no fan, but I know he's on my tv lately more than Mike Lindell, and that's a lot. He's better than Biden, but that can be said of a rock, and both are goobers. DNC ain't gonna let Biden be the Nominee. Well, they might........but the requirement would be he has to complete one full sentence. So, I'm guessing he won't be. Brokered Convention in July, no one gets enough votes/delegates, so the cigar smokers pick someone. Might be Cuomo. Might be Hillary. Might be Rocky Balboa. Who knows.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

The story is based on work in 2015 speculating on how many ventilators would be needed if another 1918 pandemic were to occur. No state acquired the number of ventilators estimated to be needed in such a case, nor did the Feds. So partially true, but not relevant.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Hombre's Avatar
    I have never been a fan (honestly didn't know much about him) and I loath his worthless brother. That being said I'm pretty impressed with the job he is doing in NY. A few things I think he got right

1) He came out early and with fairly draconian measures for closing businesses and staying at home.
    2) He has given pretty frank talks and let everyone know how dire this is both economically and the virus, while laying a plan for how we move forward
    3) This is unpopular but he has said the economy has to get back on track too. He wants to develop a plan, and its questions I think we should be asking
    a) Can young people go back
    b) Who can and can't afford to not go back
    c) What is the risk of a full depression-- How many people would starve, lack healthcare if they system imploded?
    4) He's showing calm and not panicking when delivering a terrifying, to many, message.

@Hombre:

3) d) How do we know when someone has had the virus (most likely without symptoms) and recovered, so they are safe to get back to work, helping others, etc?

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Hombre's Avatar
    ^^very true^^ Forgot about that one.

I don’t think New York will be open for business any time soon. Opening back up in certain areas, for certain people, in certain business sectors, is certainly something I think we should entertain.