The size of the company and knowing every angle to screw you has been my thought also. I’m no attorney and am just flying by the seat of my pants here, but in MY worthless opinion, there “might” be an angle. Let’s say the company policy is that you lose any accrued vacation when you’re terminated. Ok, she was ON vacation, USING her accrued vacation time when she was laid off! To take vacation in the first place, it has to be approved by management. In fact, in this case, it was actually SUGGESTED by management. It seems like an even more low-life move to terminate her employment and take her earned vacation time away from her (because she didn’t use it) .... WHILE SHE’S USING IT! I don’t know, it’s just got my ass in a wad right now and I’m pissed at those worthless m’fers.

Management: Ummm, you have 5 weeks accrued vacation, you need to take it now.

Lynn: Ok, I’ll take a 5 week vacation.

Management: Vacation approved.

Lynn: “Enjoying” (ha!) the 3rd day of her 5-week vacation.

Management: Oh, sorry, you’re now “laid off” and you lose any unused vacation time.

Lynn: But I’m ON vacation, I’m using it now!

Management: Sorry, you’re fucked, have a nice day.

Something about that scenario (which is EXACTLY how it went down) just sticks in my craw. “We know you’re using your vacation right now, but we’re going to take it away from you for not using it.” WTF? I agree, probably the only person who could properly answer this question would be an attorney. The fact she was actually using it at the time AND it had been approved by management, may be my “got’cha” ... but the way our luck runs ... prolly not.

I guess I just need to vent and you bozos are my easiest victims. What a bunch of low-life fuckwads! (Not you youse dufes, THOSE dufes)