Thread: Cabin fever thoughts.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) jb's Avatar

Cabin fever thoughts.

1. Where there's a will, I want to be in it.

2. The last thing I want to do is hurt you ...but it's still on my list.

3. Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

4. If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

5. We never really grow up -- we only learn how to act in public.

6. War does not determine who is right, only who is left.

7. Knowledge, is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

8. To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is research.

9. I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you.

10. In filling out an application, where it says, "In case of an emergency, notify..." I answered "a doctor."

11. Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

12. You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.

13. I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure.

14. To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.

15. Going to church doesn't make you a Christian, any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

16. You're never too old to learn something stupid.

17. I'm supposed to respect my elders, but it's getting harder and harder for me to find someone older than me.
    The older I get, the better I was. I also forget my password and have to have Len reset it for me

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) HideHunter's Avatar
    ^^^^^^
    If you turn a dog loose to hunt – you’d better to be ready to deal with what he trees.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Bwana's Avatar

18. Never let a gobbler get in the way of a good nap.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) airbud7's Avatar
    19- woman with dress up run faster than man with pants down.

20. Woman who fly upside down have nasty crack up.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Quote Originally Posted by BarryBobPosthole View Post
    20. Woman who fly upside down have nasty crack up. BKB
    Ha! I think I heard that one in the sandbox while in kindergarten! But I remember it a little differently:

Confucius say: Woman who fly upside down, have hairy quack up!

(It seems there was a duck reference in there somewhere, but if so, I can't remember it)
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    You're gonna need some more thoughts JB. Your sweety Goobner just locked you down. And it's too cold for you to nap in that hammock on the deck. And somehow, your police are going along with her. Ask #3 if he's willing to enforce her unconstitutional and illegal actions starting today? If so, ask him (and her) how they're going to enforce that ban in Detroit? Freedom is slip sliding away. I've spent 20 years bashing Tin-Foil Hat-ists. Danged if a lot of them were not spot on. Mississippi preacher can't hold a drive in church, but liquor stores are open and have a drive through. Michigan Goobner goes nuts. Meanwhile, we have 24 TOTAL deaths from this. And we're not hunkered down (well I am but I'm compromised and it's by choice).

Sorry........but this is truly getting nutsoid.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) jb's Avatar
    Bucky, I didn't vote for her, and some times don't agree with her, but I do agree to some of the stuff she's done in regards to this crazy crap we're going through.
    Even with her "Shelter in Place" we're the 3rd highest state with infections and death, I'd hate to see what it would have been if she did not do that.
    You know where we live, we're the larges county in the Northern half of the lower, people up here have taken her order very well and the county has only record 13 cases with 3 deaths, (typical older people like me with other underlying conditions)
    Her latest order telling people to stay home and not come up to their summer cottages is well liked up here, last thing we need is a bunch of Detroit, Chicago, and Cleveland people bringing that crap up here. Ya, they're running away from it where they live, but they have no idea if they are carrying it, and it's the "me attitude" of f#$K you" that will kill or sicken a lot of people that otherwise would be safe.
    Did she take away some of your freedom, maybe, did she do it for the benefit of a much larger group of people, yes, So enjoy your freedom in AR, and we'll stay a little safer up here for a few more weeks.
    The older I get, the better I was. I also forget my password and have to have Len reset it for me

OK. Glad you're ok with it. MORE glad you're not sick and ok. Lots of hot spots.

I am not against hunkering down. I am doing it myself. I won't come out from under the bed for weeks. But I'm doing it because I choose to. Safety never, ever, trumps Freedom. I understand what you are saying, that these radical actions work to keep you safe.........for a while. I just can't swallow the silliness of arresting folks for drive up church services while allowing drive up liquor stores, or congregating like sheep in a grocery store every day.

To me, this is like a lot of government interventions and laws. The concept of "We're doing this to keep you safe" sounds good, and everyone wants to be safe. But then they make so many exceptions and such that it's meaningless. I read that of the working class (not us retirees), 54% of workers have been deemed "essential". So what good is a quarantine, a lockdown, if over half are out and about as usual.

I just got back from town. Had to get a prescription from CVS. Had to get mail (they bring it to the car, I use a UPS store). Saturday......traffic is about 1/2 to 2/3 normal. Restaurant parking lots are pretty empty. Lowe's, Walmart, hard to find a place to park. Launching ramps at lakes here are so full there's no parking places left.

We have a total of 1,226 cases of Positive since this started.........and 24 deaths. That's it. Yet we are NOT in lockdown and as I just said, "we" are moving about all over the place, it seems. Again, I'M not, but most are.

I understand the concept. I get it. I just don't think one state, or one area, or one city, or anything that confined, can make silly rules and laws that are going to ultimately work. Maybe for a month?? Hope so. But man...........Freedoms are being whittled away daily. Scares me.

Never do expect folks to agree with me. But that's my take. Truly, I do NOT know the answer, and I am NOT advocating taking the lid off 100%. But maybe do what Sweden did? I don't know. I'm not trying to be controversial or argumentative. It's just that I'm as scared to lose my freedoms as I am my life.

Granddaughter graduating from CO State next month. Her little brother, turned 18 yesterday, is graduating from high school in CO Springs. Canceled of course. She is headed to Penn State for a 5 year Ph.D. program in August. Hope it works out. I still have reservations in Shipshewana for August. Hope that works out. Praying all this crap goes away.
    Last edited by Buckrub; 04-11-2020 at 12:21 PM.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) DeputyDog's Avatar
    The thing I can’t figure out is why Michigan says it is ok to canoe or kayak but not use a powerboat or PWC?

And as someone who live on the border with Michigan I don’t understand why people can’t go to their cottage or lake home in Michigan but it’s ok for them to leave the state and go to their lake house in Indiana or Ohio? I guess it’s better for them to spread the disease to us than keep it contained in Michigan.

There are more confirmed cases in Wayne county (Detroit) than in the entire state of Indiana.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Never try to fight an Old Dude. If you win, there's no glory; if you lose, your reputation is shot."

Sounds ike Indiana needs their own edict about summer homes.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Maybe we should build a border wall to keep out the Michiganders and Buckeyes.

"Never try to fight an Old Dude. If you win, there's no glory; if you lose, your reputation is shot."

And make Jerry pay for it!

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Quote Originally Posted by DeputyDog View Post
    The thing I can’t figure out is why Michigan says it is ok to canoe or kayak but not use a powerboat or PWC?

And as someone who live on the border with Michigan I don’t understand why people can’t go to their cottage or lake home in Michigan but it’s ok for them to leave the state and go to their lake house in Indiana or Ohio? I guess it’s better for them to spread the disease to us than keep it contained in Michigan.

There are more confirmed cases in Wayne county (Detroit) than in the entire state of Indiana.

You can't???

Email me. I'll 'splain it to ya.

Seriously though it is a concern where I live. We have over 100 lakes total and 9 of them are several hundred acres with half a dozen over 600 acres of surface area. The summer population is at least four times the regular population.

Seems y'all just ain't Big Enough Fish. Here's a guy that won't get fined for violating the distancing order. I bet there's a 21 car pileup in this guy's future!

The King of Thailand self-quarantined while vacationing in Germany. He booked an entire hotel in an Alpine resort town, bringing along an entourage of 20 concubines and some servants.

Quote Originally Posted by DeputyDog View Post
    Seriously though it is a concern where I live. We have over 100 lakes total and 9 of them are several hundred acres with half a dozen over 600 acres of surface area. The summer population is at least four times the regular population.

We have a lot of lakes, some have almost 1,000 miles of shore line. Every launching ramp around here is packed every day. Bubba ain't working, so Bubba is fishing. It's springtime. Traffic is not heavy but prevalent everywhere.

We have about 1,300 cases of positive, and 24 deaths. Total.

Quote Originally Posted by BarryBobPosthole View Post
    And make Jerry pay for it!

BKB
    Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Buckrub View Post
    OK. Glad you're ok with it. MORE glad you're not sick and ok. Lots of hot spots.

I am not against hunkering down. I am doing it myself. I won't come out from under the bed for weeks. But I'm doing it because I choose to. Safety never, ever, trumps Freedom. I understand what you are saying, that these radical actions work to keep you safe.........for a while. I just can't swallow the silliness of arresting folks for drive up church services while allowing drive up liquor stores, or congregating like sheep in a grocery store every day.

To me, this is like a lot of government interventions and laws. The concept of "We're doing this to keep you safe" sounds good, and everyone wants to be safe. But then they make so many exceptions and such that it's meaningless. I read that of the working class (not us retirees), 54% of workers have been deemed "essential". So what good is a quarantine, a lockdown, if over half are out and about as usual.

I just got back from town. Had to get a prescription from CVS. Had to get mail (they bring it to the car, I use a UPS store). Saturday......traffic is about 1/2 to 2/3 normal. Restaurant parking lots are pretty empty. Lowe's, Walmart, hard to find a place to park. Launching ramps at lakes here are so full there's no parking places left.

We have a total of 1,226 cases of Positive since this started.........and 24 deaths. That's it. Yet we are NOT in lockdown and as I just said, "we" are moving about all over the place, it seems. Again, I'M not, but most are.

I understand the concept. I get it. I just don't think one state, or one area, or one city, or anything that confined, can make silly rules and laws that are going to ultimately work. Maybe for a month?? Hope so. But man...........Freedoms are being whittled away daily. Scares me.

Never do expect folks to agree with me. But that's my take. Truly, I do NOT know the answer, and I am NOT advocating taking the lid off 100%. But maybe do what Sweden did? I don't know. I'm not trying to be controversial or argumentative. It's just that I'm as scared to lose my freedoms as I am my life.

Granddaughter graduating from CO State next month. Her little brother, turned 18 yesterday, is graduating from high school in CO Springs. Canceled of course. She is headed to Penn State for a 5 year Ph.D. program in August. Hope it works out. I still have reservations in Shipshewana for August. Hope that works out. Praying all this crap goes away.
    I agree with enough of this to say “I agree”.

TBH, I got too much I want/like to do to have cabin fever.....I was semi-furloughed for about 2 weeks, then I got called back to duty..... meanwhile, the crappie spawn is in full-swing all around here, so I’m filling the freezer, while the virus is raging.....I told my boss, I'd be available after the spawn.

Morning catch
    f1.jpg
    Afternoon catch
    f2.jpg
    My good-looking self on the pier
    f3-1.jpg
    Last edited by Big Muddy; 04-12-2020 at 12:22 PM.
    Southern Gentleman

Handsome feesh ya’ gots there .... FUGLY feesherman!!

If you could eliminate Covid-19 by sacrificing ONE human, who would it be, and why did you pick Nancy Pelosi?

I've finally found a list which confirms why I'm totally OVER this whole hand-wringing, fear-mongering "Safer At Home" order. Ready to follow along?

Please look for any consistency whatsoever:

1. Basically, you can't leave the house for any reason; but if you have to, then you can.

2. Masks are useless, as the best way to prevent spread is to wash your hands. But, maybe you have to wear one, as it can save you. Some are useless, but still mandatory as well. Please donate yours to your local nurses.

3. Stores are closed, except those that are open. No rhyme or reason to those that are/aren't.

4. You should not go to hospitals unless you *have to* go there. Same applies to doctors, you should only go there in case of emergency (provided you are not too sick).

5. This virus is deadly, but still not *too* scary, except that sometimes it actually leads to a global economic disaster.

6. Gloves won't help, but they can still help. Do and don't wear them, depending on the situation. Gloves cross-contaminate surfaces, but dirty hands somehow don't.

7. Everyone needs to stay HOME, but it's important to GO OUT. Unless the police don't want you to, then you should remind them of the Constitution, unless you're in a state that roundly ignores it.

8. There is no shortage of groceries in the supermarket, but there are many things missing when you go there in the evening, but not in the morning (sometimes). Still not a square of paper products to be found, and we're a month into this.

9. The virus has no effect on children, except those it affects. Then it does.

10. Animals are not affected, but there is still a cat that tested positive in Belgium in February when no one had been tested, plus a few tigers here and there…

11. You will have many symptoms when you are sick, but you can also get sick without symptoms, can have symptoms without being sick, or may also be contagious without having symptoms. Basically, we're all clueless.

12. In order not to get sick, you have to eat well and exercise, get Vitamin D (sun). But eat whatever you have on hand, and it's better not to go out, so... good luck?

13. It's better to get some fresh air, but you will be judged harshly by internet moms when you DO escape and get some fresh air. Most importantly, you don't dare go to parks or walk. But don’t sit down, except that you can do that if you are old, but not for too long or if you are pregnant (but not too old). If you're too old, everyone will simply be amazed that you're still alive, and won't be mad. Just don't cough.

14. You can't go to retirement homes, but you have to take care of the elderly and bring food and medication. You still shouldn't go, but please do, so Gam-Gam can stay healthy.

15. If you are sick, you can't go out, but you can go to the pharmacy, which is usually inside the only type of store allowed to operate, and where everyone who is healthy chooses to go when they're bored.

16. You can get restaurant food delivered to the house, which may have been prepared by people who didn't wear masks or gloves. But you are advised to have your groceries decontaminated outside for 3 hours. Pizza... who knows?!?

17. Every disturbing article or disturbing interview starts with "I don't want to trigger panic, BUT…"

18. You can't drive to see your older mother or grandmother, but you can absolutely take a taxi and meet an older taxi driver. And your older mother or grandmother can go to Sam's Club and pay a cashier in their 20's. Totally consistent.

19. You can walk around with a friend, but definitely *not* with your family if they don't live under the same roof.

20. You are mostly safe if you maintain the appropriate social distance, but you can’t go out with friends or strangers at the safe social distance. Because logic.

21. The virus remains active on different surfaces for two hours; no, four; no, six; no, we didn't say hours... maybe days? But it takes a damp environment. Well, not necessarily. Stainless steel is literally more dangerous than a cardboard shipping box.

22. The virus stays in the air - well maybe, especially in a closed room. But remember, if you stay at the recommended social distance (6 feet) you should be fine; however in certain circumstances you should maintain a greater distance, which, studies show, the virus can travel further, maybe. Please only walk in one direction in the supermarkets, the virus is not smart enough to drift from one aisle to the next. Wash your hands.

23. We count the number of deaths, but we don't know how many people are infected, as we have only tested those who were "almost dead" to find out if that's what they will die of… and the actual death figure is inflated because the hospitals have incentive to do so, as there's a great deal of Medicare money associated with each COVID-19 death. But, please do trust those numbers, as they're used to fuel the fear on the nightly news. But don't panic. Recoveries? What recoveries...

24. We have no treatment, except that there may be an extremely effective one which has been around since the 1960's that apparently is not dangerous at all unless you take too much (which is the case with all medications). ORANGE MAN BAD. Ignore him at all costs, especially when he's right.

25. We should stay locked up until the virus disappears, but it will ONLY disappear if we achieve collective immunity, so we must remain locked up to flatten the curve, until it spikes again when we're all released with pent-up desire to hug literally everyone.

See? Simple as that.

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master
    makes perfect sense to me, what don't you understand?

Viva Renaldo!