Thread: Scary ....

Scary ....

I've been trying to stay in the house as much as possible, but I needed to get my truck serviced yesterday (had a VERY generous coupon that was expiring 3/31). We only have one Toyota dealer in town and it's always extremely busy there. Dang! It was like a ghost town. I went into the waiting area where there are 38 (I counted them) large chairs (almost the size of Lazy Boys!) and two large screen televisions. I was the only one there the whole time my truck was being serviced. One thing about it, practicing my "social distancing" was not a problem. They also had hand sanitizer stations EVERYWHERE! It was like bizarroland around there and I felt like I was sitting in a mortuary. It's hard to get a grip on what this virus is doing to the business sector.
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) DeputyDog's Avatar
    I saw that one of the counties near me, which has the second largest city in Indiana in it, had a 179% jump in unemployment claims in the past two weeks.

The dine in ban at restaurants has been extended here and I’m already seeing that a lot of them are thinking they won’t make it out the other side of this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Never try to fight an Old Dude. If you win, there's no glory; if you lose, your reputation is shot."

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) johnboy's Avatar
    Went to Costco yesterday for the first time since this all started and was amazed at how empty the store was. Very quiet. Guess everyone already bought their 200 packs of crap paper.

The encouraging sign to me is the number of businesses that are adapting as best they can to not being able to be open. For example, our local kohl’s is fulfilling online oders curbside. Its puts at least some of the staff back to work and I think volumes will increase as people start understanding what they can do. Other businesses are doing the same.
    Besides, what do people do when they’re bored? Buy shit they don’t need and eat.

Thumper I’m sure that coupon would’ve burned a hole in your compromised ass’s pocket. Stay home. Order something from Kohls.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Ha! I got a full synthetic oil change (I was due for service) for $11.00

Yep, it was burning a hole in my pocket!
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain