I was cleaning out some files yesterday and ran across a copy of an old email from Bill Conine. I was going to be in Atlanta and we'd decided to meet for the first time. The email contained phone numbers to reach him as well as directions to his house. He turned out (like everyone else I've met through this joint) to be one of the nicest guys you'd ever want to know. It was actually the first of many other times we got together over the years. He had a cool place in Georgia (long before he bought Lake Conine) and as I read the old note, I had to smile at the directions. Here's a portion of those directions to his house. (I'll leave out street names and directions for privacy purposes)

Obviously, this was before GPS's were the norm.

1) Turn at the old-timey wooden gas station that's been turned into a pizza joint.

2) Turn just past the OLD church at the end of the BIG pasture surrounded by a four board fence.

3) When the pavement ends, it will be a well-packed gravel road.

4) After you drive through the creek (don't worry about getting stuck), start counting the mailboxes.

5) When you get to the 12th mailbox, my house is on the right!

I miss you buddy. I wish I'd kept count of how many Varsity Dogs we wolfed down together over the years.

BTW ... referring back to the title of this post ... that email was dated in 2000. RIP Bill.