When it rains it pours I guess. We have a 40" tv in our den ... the most watched tv outside of the bedroom. Last night we had a power surge (power cut off for about 1/2 second and immediately came back on). Ever since, all works fine, but there is no sound. I've tried all the "reset" tricks, unplugging for 30 mins, plugging back in, etc. etc, but nothing has changed. Back in the day, I'd have the back off of it and be tinkering, but it's a crappy RCA (another brand that USED to be good) and probably 10 years old, so I seriously doubt it's worth the effort. Like almost everything else these days, it's disposable. Why is it when money is short and we ain't even s'posed to leave the house, that's when Murphey's Law kicks in and you need to leave the house and spend some money?

Oh well, I'll sell the base, power cord and remote on eBay and prolly make $75-$80 or so, but I ain't even gonna mess with circuit boards or the power supply etc. (don't know the reason for the audio failure). What a PITA that I wasn't planning to deal with right now.