Thread: Hey thump skull...

Hey thump skull...

Any word on Lynn, her job, vacation. Etc?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She lost 5-1/2 weeks of frigging vacation pay. The Hyatt is completely shut down right now. Whenever she tries to call HR at Corporate, there’s no answer. She’s been trying all week to apply for unemployment, but the system keeps crashing by time she gets half way through the process. This sucks big weenies.

I hate to hear that. Lots of pain going around.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    Every state is reporting that their State Unemployment agency.......called different things.......cannot be reached. Just overwhelmed. Can't go in to visit, get to close. Can't call. Online system crashing.

Speaking of which..........New Jersey is begging for COBOL programmers. Seems many of their systems are "legacy", including unemployment/Labor I think, and are written in COBOL. Now, nobody left alive seems to know that programming language.

Course, I do. Spent years programming in COBOL. Loved it. Now, it was in the middle part of the last century!!!!!!!!! No clue how long it'd take me to get back up to speed. I know where my printouts are of some old programs, though. Now, JCL might be trickier (the language that gets the program to run). I doubt they could afford me. At this age, I'm a $200 a hour employee, plus expenses, and expenses are very high.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Well, I’ll for damn sure never darken the doors of another Hyatt that’s for damn sure.

In contrast to that, one of my daughters is a store managerfor Vans. They have paid their employees through May even though their stores have been closed and have announced that their top execs took big pay cuts to avoid any layoffs. My other daughter works for a web marketing company in Colorado called Madwire. They’ e had to furlough a lot of workers but have fully paid them through end of April and will continue to extend theor benefits through May. She is not furloughed herself and is working from home. My son in law, same story and he works for a nonprofit.
    There are plenty of companies who value their employees as their best asset and it shows. Hyatt quite obviously fits in the other category.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

In all fairness P-hole, I have no idea what Hyatt is doing. Her Hyatt was bought by a large consortium a few years back, so it's basically "privately" owned. They still have to adhere to Hyatt quality standards (kind'a sort'a like a franchise), but the corporate stuff is independent of Hyatt. It's like a management company for many privately owned hotels and they also own some of them themselves.

It's kind of how corporate America works these days. It's like buying a "Kenmore" refrigerator from Sears ... it's prolly a Frigidaire or whatever.

Although it's still Hyatt branded. this is the company that manages her hotel now. (F'em!)

https://www.aimbridgehospitality.com/

Launched in 2003 with eight properties, Aimbridge Hospitality today is the leading, global, third-party hotel management company operating branded full service, select service, luxury hotels, destination resorts, convention centers and lifestyle hotels. Aimbridge merged with Interstate Hotels & Resorts in 2019, and now represents a premium portfolio of more than 1,400 branded and independent properties in 49 states and 20 countries. .
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    A lot of hotels are like that now, Jim. Many will never reopen.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke