I agree Bill. Completely.

And you know what? I am really sympathetic to those guys/gals as well. They are getting hammered very hard by this. Heck I was one of them for a goodly portion of my life. Guys that have very little put away because just living sucks the paycheck dry. I understand where they are coming from and I agree that we should not just let them swing.

I saw a VERY good article on just this issue a few weeks back. Spoke about how this shutdown has split the upper and lower portions of the populace right down the middle. You have rich people that don't get hurt by shutting down because their living is mostly digital. You have others whose fortune depends on producing something and they are being hammered. On the lower levels of the income strata you've got the same thing going on. Those who are retired or make a living that is somewhat guaranteed don't mind sitting this one out. But those working poor who have to bring home a paycheck to make ends meet are in a position where working is not an option. They HAVE to and need to get back to work.

And to make it worse we have a lot of posturing that shames the people in the last category. It is unfair and cheap to do that I think. But somebody is going to get hurt. Maybe a lot of somebodies. The only question is who it is and how they take steps to insulate themselves. Its pretty obvious that the same people who got saved in 2008 have gotten saved again in 2020. They wield a lot of power over the system I guess.

Will