Why WV?

That's easy: our cultural history. Independent Scots settled the joint and then got royally screwed by the economic elite when timber and coal became valuable.

Result? You have a group of people who don't trust business or government a whole lot. This is just common sense in our minds. It is nuts to a lot of others.

My wife was told she'll get tested when she gets to work on Tuesday and regularly afterward. She and I agree with the decision.

I don't think it is even worth arguing over. If a dirt poor state like ours can do it every state should be able to. And asap it should be expanded. We're playing for time here. String this thing out, keep below hospital capacity, get a decent vaccine as quickly as we can, keep your decency alive in hard times.

The real sin isn't that we are making bad decisions. That is going to happen in a pandemic. Human nature. It is not structuring the bailout in a way that avoided these decisions that was the sin. AND it is exposing other sins in our health care system and workplace structure.

We pay for these bills when we try to get our economy running again. I think we may have hamstrung ourselves here.

Will