I recently had a long conversation with my EXTREMELY Conservative bro-in-law where I mentioned this COVID thing all seems like a typical plot to a Hollywood movie to me. China develops a killer virus and some klutzy scientist drops a vial and it spreads to the surrounding town of Wuhan. We then started adding our own spin to the scenario and it soon sounded like we should record it and send the script to Hollywood and see if we could sell it! This all took place many, many weeks ago before we really knew how big it was going to get. I'm not big on conspiracy theories, but have to admit, some of them make me open my mind and think a bit. In this day and age, anything is possible ... but I take things like this with a grain of salt. I've also always been on the fence with O'Reilly. I DO think he's very intelligent, but I've never been totally "sold" on him. I look at him as a far right-wing Conservative, but he claims to be registered as an Independent. Maybe, maybe not ... but actual political leanings and what one TRIES to portray can be two different things. That said, I think the above is intriguing and thought provoking, but what intelligently construed conspiracy theory isn't? When I was in the intel field back during the Stone Age, we had an active Chinese mission working in my group. Although I never worked the mission, I had a good friend who did and we often shared some of the intel we were exposed to. I worked various "related" missions during my years in the field (Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos and Burma) and since China supported the North Vietnamese ... my missions and the China mission were "intertwined", I dealt mostly with the supply end (Ho Chi Minh Trail activity, etc). His mission was more focused on the mainland and it's governmental actions, etc. With that background, I look at some of these "hokey" conspiracy theories with a different eye and many times think .... "Naaaaaa .... but maybe!"

I also know for a fact, what is known by the general public is many times not even close to the truth ... or at least the whole story ... and at times like this, I'd love to be a fly on the wall in a few of the Presidential briefings! Trump (through his position) knows things we will never know and when he makes a move like sending two Naval battle groups to the area ... it's a show of strength. The question is, to whom and why.

It is an interesting read. I may not buy into all of it, but some of it I might.