Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Very interesting article......

Agreed. The main thing though is those asymptomatic people can be isolated.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Agreed. The main thing though is those asymptomatic people can be isolated.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

DOUBLE isolation I say!
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) DeputyDog's Avatar
    The thing is, like has been said, if you are testing people that are not showing any symptoms and aren’t feeling sick, how long does this go on and how often do people get tested?

I know they are different diseases but I don’t get a strep test every time I go to the doctor with a sore throat and I don’t get a flu test in flu season if I’m not feeling sick.

So is the answer is to do testing on everyone regularly and make the companies that make the tests rich or keep everyone isolated indefinitely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Never try to fight an Old Dude. If you win, there's no glory; if you lose, your reputation is shot."

Quote Originally Posted by BarryBobPosthole View Post
    Lol you’re the one claiming there was a conspiracy.

Riddle me this Batman. If testing is ubiquitous and available why are we only still testing people with symptoms? Why haven’t we started testing asymptomatic essential workers? Why is WV the first state to wade in and test all nursing home workers and residents? FFS why hasn’t that been done in Florida?

I’m not sayong its a conspiracy. I’m saying that the responsibility has been neatly shifted to the states without any of the support they need to do it. And tests. Our governor said today Oklahoma can test anyone that needs a test. As long as they have covid symptoms.

BKB
    You didn’t answer the question. Go cut on CNN and come back later with your report.

I never claimed conspiracy. I asked you witobf you were “insinuating”.

As a country, we ain’t got reliable testing to cover the masses. That is of no consequence to either party. We don’t have it. Period. Trump has golden toilets, but he can’t shit good tests. The Dems thought China had some... WRONG.

The answer, however, is NOT to call basically every respiratory death on Covid, for any reason. Whether that’s for lack of testing, instilling fear, hospitals getting to claim the covid stimulus $$ (yeah, don’t think that doesn’t play into this)... I don’t know.

What i am most definitely without a doubt saying is that we do not know what the death rate is. Period.
    Nor do we know how many are or have been infected.

In my world, that raises questions. Perhaps not yours.

I’m still wearing a mask when I go out (wore it today to get beer!), our whole family plans trips out and we don’t “go just to go”.
    But all that said, for what? We don’t ultimately know. Might be for something that is no worse than the flu. MIGHT be something that is worse than the thumperThailand boy/girl clap.
    The answer is we don’t know. And I guess I’m on the side that believes that there is a slight hint of BS in everything we hear and see on both sides and that whatever happens we cannot, and as a country, we will not, be shut down forever. The Dems holding solid ground on staying closed are doing it because trump laid out a plan. Had trump said stay closed, they’d be trying to open. It’s how it works today. It’s sad, but it’s true.

Thays my thoughts. Just some ignorant C math student that thinks this might not be the governments strong suit. Whether it is the WHO, the big Orange, or the big witch with the gavel.

I don’t care which side you take and what your actions are. I just hope you and yours stay safe. Cause just like me, there ain’t one person reading this that has stayed home since this started. And between right now and 4/30, you’ll be out again.

Whether it’s for food, or fishing at a distance. Call it whatever. You can’t claim to need to close it down and then pick your battles on what is ok and not ok.

If he lived in Michigan he couldn’t even go fishing.

"Never try to fight an Old Dude. If you win, there's no glory; if you lose, your reputation is shot."

Quote Originally Posted by DeputyDog View Post
    If he lived in Michigan he couldn’t even go fishing.

He could if he had an auger!

Sorry, Jamie I didn’t answer that part.

First: This recount of deaths is being led by the CDC not the states. They saw sharp increases, 400% in some places, of heart/lung deaths and they are trying to connect the dots on the reason for the increases.

If you have a better suspect than covid, i’d like to hear it. So I guess I don’t go along with it being something nefarious.

It does beg the question though, if they’re so good at seeing these triggers at the county level like they say they do why didn’t they, the CDC, catch these?

And ps, I heard the above on CNN but it came out of the CDC directors mouth. And you may be dead on right when you say the gummint isn’t very good at this. They haven’t inspired much faith so far.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Quote Originally Posted by Arty View Post

That woman from Michigan, as the big orange calls her, says that boating is not an outdoors activity that is allowed under her stay at home order.

https://www.13abc.com/content/news/B...569596981.html

Very interesting article......

Here’s another similar article from the west coast. It’s starting to sound like this isn’t nearly as lethal as it has been portrayed.

https://www.foxnews.com/health/coron...esearchers.amp

Good article. arty needs to read this one.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    Pooh Poohing those who disagree with you is a silly method of arguing. Fauci is great at what he does. Economics and Freedom and Rights is not what he does. He does what he does because Trump does NOT do what he does, so he hired Fauci.

Buncha talk.

Here's what I don't get. IF you tested every person in America tomorrow........now think on this........every one..........what would you know? You would know how many people have it, and how many do not. You also know how many have died (Maybe.......turns out they're counting heart attacks too, in places. Just nuts). So, you would know what?

You would know the death rate TODAY, and the INFECTION rate today. That's it. The death RATE would decrease because the denominator went way up. But everyone that's negative, could easily be positive tomorrow. Or next week. So how do you combat that potential error? You'd have to test every negative, EVERY DAY.

THAT is what is wrong with the concept of ubiquitous testing.

Me? I wanna know if I've had it. I want the serology test that says "Yep, you had it, you lived, and now you're immune".
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

I do know Freedoms are eroding. Five seconds ago I just got a stern warning from another chat site because I called VA Governor "Governor KlanRobe Blackface".

I can't see the problem. It's true. Noticing the truth and commenting thereupon is increasingly being frowned on. Especially if you are as snarky at it as I am!!!
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

By the way, how can we keep on depending on the voice of these experts? 2 million will die. Oops, we meant 250,000. Oops we meant 60,000. You can NOT wear a mask, it is actually a problem. Oops, wear a mask. In January, Cotton is a nut for claiming it came from a lab in Wuhan. Ooops, maybe he's right. Don't congregate. Ooops, you can if it's "essential" like a grocery store, or Home Depot, or Walmart. Parking lots here for those are full every day.

Bull crap. Government sucks, and always has, and always will. Molon Labe.

Quote Originally Posted by BarryBobPosthole View Post
    Good article. arty needs to read this one.

BKB
    Read it? I could have a wrote it!

If you consider that article true and all those people are asymptomatic, and the deaths there are truly all covid related (which isn’t even close to being accurate), that lends more credence to my argument.

No need for me to read it!

Quote Originally Posted by Buckrub View Post
    By the way, how can we keep on depending on the voice of these experts? 2 million will die. Oops, we meant 250,000. Oops we meant 60,000. You can NOT wear a mask, it is actually a problem. Oops, wear a mask. In January, Cotton is a nut for claiming it came from a lab in Wuhan. Ooops, maybe he's right. Don't congregate. Ooops, you can if it's "essential" like a grocery store, or Home Depot, or Walmart. Parking lots here for those are full every day.

Bull crap. Government sucks, and always has, and always will. Molon Labe.
    Damnit, We need 30,000 ventilators!

Quote Originally Posted by Buckrub View Post
    I do know Freedoms are eroding. Five seconds ago I just got a stern warning from another chat site because I called VA Governor "Governor KlanRobe Blackface".

I can't see the problem. It's true. Noticing the truth and commenting thereupon is increasingly being frowned on. Especially if you are as snarky at it as I am!!!
    Us Virginians just call him Uncle Jemima.

But he gets to skate on his evil background. Just ignore it. Media never pushes it. But Kavanaugh gets hammered, and had not one picture or shred of evidence. The double standard is just mind boggling.

Screw censure. I've helped a ton of folks on that website. But if I have to be politically correct, or not expose vile behavior when I know it exists, screw 'em and their horse. Life's too short. It literally amazes me these days how absolutely stupid some really smart people are.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar

Don’t make me “moderate” your racist ass! (Wait, how can calling a racist a racist be racist? I’m so confused...)

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Penguin's Avatar
    Why WV?

That's easy: our cultural history. Independent Scots settled the joint and then got royally screwed by the economic elite when timber and coal became valuable.

Result? You have a group of people who don't trust business or government a whole lot. This is just common sense in our minds. It is nuts to a lot of others.

My wife was told she'll get tested when she gets to work on Tuesday and regularly afterward. She and I agree with the decision.

I don't think it is even worth arguing over. If a dirt poor state like ours can do it every state should be able to. And asap it should be expanded. We're playing for time here. String this thing out, keep below hospital capacity, get a decent vaccine as quickly as we can, keep your decency alive in hard times.

The real sin isn't that we are making bad decisions. That is going to happen in a pandemic. Human nature. It is not structuring the bailout in a way that avoided these decisions that was the sin. AND it is exposing other sins in our health care system and workplace structure.

We pay for these bills when we try to get our economy running again. I think we may have hamstrung ourselves here.

Will

And the Plot Thickens.............

Around a third of participants in a Massachusetts study tested positive for coronavirus, according to researchers.

The Mass. General study took samples from 200 residents on the street in Chelsea, MA. Participants remained anonymous and provided a drop of blood to researchers, who were able to produce a result in ten minutes with a rapid test.

Sixty-four of the participants tested positive – a “sobering” result, according to Thomas Ambrosino, Chelsea’s city manager.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Hombre's Avatar
    "By the way, how can we keep on depending on the voice of these experts? " <------ This. Literally a month ago the CDC said American's should not wear masks, and now its almost mandatory. I find it increasingly hard to believe the experts or those running the country have my interest in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Dinner View Post
    Don’t make me “moderate” your racist ass! (Wait, how can calling a racist a racist be racist? I’m so confused...)

Being confused is phase 1 of the mind melding conspiracy plan!

I think most of them, with one big orange notable exception, have our best interest in mind. But they seem, at times, as lost as a goose.

But they are what we got. I suppose we could listen to Hannity, or Don Lemon, or dr Phil but they’re definitely not in it for us.

The best leader I’ve seen so far in practice is Andrew Cuomo.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Cuomo?? The media hog?

BTW, when the Bird Flu was the big story (2006), then Governor Mike Bloomberg came up with a pandemic plan and started stockpiling masks and respirators. 5-6 years ago, Governor Cuomo auctioned off the State's stockpile. Now he's screaming about the Federal Governments ineptitude on a daily basis and demanding respirators! Go figure.

He raised Hell and managed to get the Navy hospital ship docked in New York Harbor. The intention was for it to take on non-COVID patients to free up space in New York's hospitals for the more serious COVID cases and treatments. The last I heard, they'd had something like 27 patients transferred to the 1000 bed hospital ship.

To me, he's just a squeaky wheel.
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Cuomo is less than a zero. Bloviating Titty Baby. Never happy. Always wants more, or blames others when his own mistakes come to light. Takes 19 sentences to say what one should say. Has pierced nipples. Probably rusted and went to his brain. He needs to stay in that nasty smelly place up there. I say again, it amazes me how dumb some really smart people are.

Here is some more interesting reading.
    If the only known positive case in the entire state so far was already in quarantine and had no contact with anyone in this story, and so many people are positive but not showing any symptoms it will be impossible to identify patient zero and determine how this really spread.

https://www.indystar.com/story/sport...10/5145870002/

Last edited by DeputyDog; 04-18-2020 at 12:42 PM.

Brains. Maybe should be in humor section. But somehow it's too true to be funny.
    Attached Images Attached Images