Thread: PSA

PSA

If you were thinking about taking this shit, I would definitely wait until there is more data.

BKB

https://apnews.com/a5077c7227b8eb8b0dc23423c0bbe2b2
    Viva Renaldo!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) johnboy's Avatar
    "widely touted by President Donald Trump" - not true. He said it sounded great if it worked. The msm push to say any different is just plain wrong. With so many other reports from physicians that it is effective in treating the Wuhan virus I guess you have to make up your own mind. I know I will. It amazes me that taking or not taking a medication based on how much I hate DJT is ludicrous.

You can do whatever you wish, John. And I have eyes and ears and have watched the president e ery single day. He practically pimped it. “What do you have to lose?” he said many times. Well, it turns out you could have a lot to lose.

You are right its dumb to not take a medicine just because you dislike a politician. But is it smart then to medical advice from a politician? Really?

Do what you want.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) johnboy's Avatar
    Sorry Barry, I disagree that he 'pimped it'. Wrong. We obviously look at things from a different perspective and I doubt we will ever agree on this but as you say, do what you want.

Viva Renaldo!

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master
    Group hug!!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    What have you got to lose?

Oh wait...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

I really wish trump hadn’t included a prescription for it with each stimulus check.
    That was over the line!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    Oddly enough, We have a whole bottle of Plaquenil......hydroxycloroquine. I have heard Trump every day. To say he touted it is to imply he initiated the belief it works. He did not. He reported what many doctors have touted, and did so for weeks, and he finally said "Hey, here's something that might work". Those that hate him will always find some twisted way to make him look bad. I think he's a boor and egomaniac. But that's immaterial. So was Bush, Clinton, and for sure Obama. It's his policies and appointments, not his attitude or demeanor or appearance or anything trivial that I care about.

For every link to some medical anecdotes that say that drug is bad, I can find 5 that say it's good. Jumping on this one is like saying "Finally, some 'proof' that Trump's a bozo". Just silly. No one takes this because Trump said so. They take it ONLY WHEN their doctor and they decide to try it as a last resort.

EDIT: We have it (3 year old bottle) because wife took it for years for her Sjogren's Syndrome. It helped greatly. But it was causing Retinopathy. She was going blind. But she took it for many years. Many, many folks take it prior to going on trips to Africa, e.g. It isn't fatal in short term. It's been around for 60 years. To say it's killing someone now is specious and egregious and agenda driven.

and "Waiting for more data" is fine if you are healthy. If you are on a ventilator, from which 80% die, you might be willing to try a medicine that many swear has helped them.
    Last edited by Buckrub; 04-21-2020 at 10:30 PM.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.