Thread: THUMP

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) jb's Avatar

THUMP

Remember those old pistol frames you found at an Estate Sale ?
    Well I found a source for parts and for $79 I now have a $50 22 revolver.
    Fun project putting it together, thanks
    008.JPG
    The older I get, the better I was. I also forget my password and have to have Len reset it for me

Ha ha! Sounds like many of the deals I've made! Nice job on the Saturday Night Special considering the pile of crap you started with.

DSCN5998.JPG

Any plans for the Colt Army? Or is it even salvageable?

DSCN6006.JPG
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Nice job Jerry!
    BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Jerry, you'd have probably gone nuts in this place. There were literally hundreds of small drawers crammed FULL of small gun parts. Hammers, springs, screws, grips, etc. etc. etc. I'm sure it was a small fortune in parts ... that is, IF you knew wtf they were for! He had three work benches probably 10'-12' long and from the top of the table to the floor were nothing but small drawers .... not an empty one among them. The last I saw, somebody had bought two of the benches (the other had a humongous metal lathe bolted to it) and they were simply dumping all the little parts and pieces into boxes to empty the drawers before taking the work benches. This guy was a gunsmith and there was 50-60 years worth of accumulation down there. I think there must have been 200 shotgun barrels scattered about the shop. Somebody into repairing/building guns would have gone ape-shit in this place. Unfortunately, it's just not my thing. I DID score some cool stuff though and most of it has sold already ... including a nice cast iron piece that just sold last night. At a VERY nice profit I might add.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) jb's Avatar
    That old Colt frame is next, SN said it was made in 1911, later that Model was renamed from Army Special to Police Special and the caliber went from 32/20 to 32 Special.
    Company that I bought the parts from also make a parts kit for that Colt, priced around $150, but a lot more complicated. May have to dump a couple of hundred dollars into that one, but that old lady deserves to be brought back.
    The older I get, the better I was. I also forget my password and have to have Len reset it for me

Well that's super cool. I'm glad those pieces found a good home.