Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
Yep, I knew all of that (just not the technical terms) and it's irritating as Hell! 90% of my SPAM calls show a local number on my caller ID which doubly irritates me all to Hell. I never answer them and block the number after they hang up ... but as you said, it doesn't matter. The next time they call, it'll show a different number anyway. What PISSES me off is I once had my bank calling me but it was showing up as just a number, but no ID. I kept ignoring it and they finally had to send me a letter. I WAS WAITING FOR THEIR CALL gosh dangit!

Oh, and another thing ... that National No-Call list is a frigging joke. I still have a land-line, only because I have DSL (don't laugh, I'm a dinosaur), but it does everything I need it to do. BUT ... I have my home phone unplugged. It irritates me to have to do that, but 99.99999999% of the calls I get on that line are unsolicited sales calls. I figure anyone who knows me, has my cell number, but it still irritates the piss out of me that possibly some old Army buddy (or whomever) might try to contact me via a number most anybody can find on-line as I've had the same home phone number for 31 years ... but those worthless robo mf'ers have made a home phone totally useless. I used to think cell phones were off-limits, but the b/s junk calls on my cell is starting to get almost as bad as the landline.
Agree totally with all of that.

It's so frustrating when there is an easy answer and they still don't care. The convenience of carrying a robust computer in your pocket that happens to be able to make calls is amazing. But this is the downside.