Thread: Should I (we) feel guilty? Sumpin' just ain't right about this.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    Well.............that IS a government check. But it's County Government. Not Federal.

Right???
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

It kind of reminds me of the hurricane b/s I went through a few years ago. I pay homeowner's insurance (of course), but I also pay separately for hurricane insurance. I've paid that for years, but never needed it. Once I DID need it, I found out it was almost totally worthless. The adjuster came out, assessed all the damages and hardly anything was covered. The reason? It was either wind damage or water damage!!! WTF?? What is a hurricane? It's wind and rain! The insurance did pay for SOME of the damage, but there was a HUGE deductible (which only applied in the case of a hurricane ... it's not negotiable ... I think it was 3% of the total value of the house). The insurance company told me I should contact FEMA and the Red Cross. Dang! I did just that and they started THROWING money at me from all different directions. I don't get it ... why the "F" do I even bother paying insurance? The weird part is, a year or two AFTER the hurricane, the Red Cross sent me another check out of the blue for another couple thousand bucks (don't remember exactly how much). WTF again???? I called to see if it was a mistake and they informed me the money had been allocated for Hurricane Irma victims and after all the claims were paid, they had money left over.

Now, MY idiotic thinking tells me they should put the surplus back into the kitty for the next disaster. Nope! I was told if the money had been allocated for Hurricane Irma victims, it HAD to go to Hurricane Irma victims! So, they split the extra money up among everyone who had filed a claim 2 years prior! How stupid is that? Even if I'd returned the money to them, they'd have been required to split it among the other claimants. Figure that one out.
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain