Thread: Site Password

Site Password

I just got a notice, when I got on the site this morning, to reset my password. No big deal to me other than I've used the same password for about 15 years on this site. And I needed to probably change it anyway. I guess now we'll need to change it every 180 days. I have no idea if that's an optional parameter or not, but please let us know if anyone has any issue with it.

BKB

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    I'd rather not have to change it. I'm getting too old to remember all the passwords I've got floating around the interwebs.
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) HideHunter's Avatar
    Damn - I agree with that CD.. I used the same one on all sites (all my "forum" sites) for years. Then some of them got "picky" about what you can use, I now have two pages in a notebook.
    If you turn a dog loose to hunt – you’d better to be ready to deal with what he trees.

My work stuff (applications) has gotten to where its a lot like my first wife. My first, second, and third efforts aren't nearly good enough and I finally end up with a password that is not memorizable unless you are of a certain deranged mentality.

I will see if there's a password option that allows up to not have to do this. Unless there is a dissenter out there not heard from. I'll let this go a bit longer before I make any changes. Of course, folks have the option to change their password any time they want so I guess its kind of a moot point.
    BKB

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    Dang regulations!

WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

I'm with Hideyman ... I have a notebook fiull of passwords to various sites. It's about as thick as a copy of an Unabridged Merriam-Webster! I've used the same one here since the inception of G/H. I'm too old to change!

I remember the early computer days .. any site I signed up for, my password was accepted. Nowadays, I have to do like P-hole mentioned ... try 5-6 times before I get accepted. 'Course there's no way I can ever remember that password again ... so into my notebook it goes.

I got hit with the password changer this mornig too. I will also look under the hood and see if there is a setting that can be changed.
    My "disability" does not make me "disabled".

Cancer Sucks!
    http://www.mdanderson.org

I KNOW there has to be a setting to disable the mandatory password change. I belong to two other VB sites and have never had to change my password on those sites. Post or email me if you find anything BBP.

Cancer Sucks!

I went through the setting with a fine toothed comb and couldn't find them. when I get time I'll look again.
    BKB

OK....FIXED...I THINK.

See Admin Forum.

Cancer Sucks!

Good work, Niner. And in case anyone else got hit with it, you have to reset the 'Remember me' flag else you'll have to re-sign in every time you post.
    BKB