Thread: Retirement

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master

Retirement

so far it's been everything I could hope for. I know at my age things can go sideways in a hurry but I've been blessed beyond measure at least to this point. I highly recommend it for everyone unless you're one of those weirdo's that would rather work than play (Larke). You don't have to live for the weekends anymore because everyday is Saturday. If you want to go fishing and there's an east wind blowing, just crawl back in the bed and go tomorrow. Breakfast will quickly become your new favorite meal and you can have all kinds of fun trying out new ideas on your smoker.

Life is good

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) jb's Avatar
    Well said, these past 18 years have developed into a completely new life style for us, Life IS good !!!
    The older I get, the better I was. I also forget my password and have to have Len reset it for me

Amen QA! I honestly don’t know when I ever had time to work!

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master
    As I said yesterday, life is good but even better with a chartreuse popper on your favorite fly rod

F5148EDE-D1FB-4D8A-BD3F-48B8EF23F240.jpg

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Hombre's Avatar
    Congrats, I'm looking forward to those day albeit quite a ways off.

BBP I don't remember you ever finding time to work, that might explain it.

Viva Renaldo!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Big Skyz's Avatar
    Well I technically retired from teaching in Montana, but I apparently suck at it, because now I'm in Utah working on a second retirement. If I can just hang in there for 11 more years it will actually be a decent retirement income. The trouble is, like QA mentioned, things at this age can go sideways in a hurry. So who knows it I'll make it or not.

I’ll guaran-dang-tee ya’ things can go sideways in a hurry. I went from being healthy as an ox one minute to being in a coma the next! At that time, I had zero plans to retire within the next 4-5 years, but fate changed those plans in the blink of an eye. All I can say (you’ve heard it before) is to live every day like it’s your last. I have to admit, I was pretty much doing that before all hell broke loose, but I was still a long way from the bottom of my bucket list. Luckily, I’m still around to check off some of those blocks, but there are some I will never be able to experience. That said, I’m happy to be around to at least make the attempt.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Big Skyz's Avatar
    Thump, I'm glad you are still around too.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) airbud7's Avatar