Thread: Wish you were here Bubba!

Wish you were here Bubba!

Remember that estate of the ex-gun dealer? Well, they've had 6-days of sales so far and the place is still packed with stuff. I received a panicked call last night, from the owner of the estate sale company, telling me one of their employees called in sick last night and won't be able to make it. I agreed to go out this morning and give them a hand (8:30-1:00). I asked where they wanted me as it's a huge piece of property and spread out with the main house (with a basement where his gun repair shop was located), a huge barn, packed to the rafters with "stuff", a guest house and two large out buildings ... not to mention a large pump house, carport w/storage closet, small shed, etc. .... all packed with crap. Today will be give-away prices to try to clear as much stuff as possible. I asked how the basement looked and they said it's still crammed full of small gun parts/pieces and misc. stuff scattered EVERYWHERE. I'll be back minding the barn, so it'll be interesting to see what all has been exposed as the last time I was there, it was so packed, you couldn't see what was in there without shoving stuff out of the way with a bulldozer! Anyway, I think you could still have some fun in that basement if you know what you're looking at when you see it!

Well, got'ta get ready to head out to the salt mine. Youse dufes be good while I'm "WORKING"!
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) jb's Avatar
    That would be a big mistake, I have enough stuff around the house now, I'm sure I'd find more stuff to add to it.
    Keep a sharp look-out for anything that has Colt stamped on it.
    The older I get, the better I was. I also forget my password and have to have Len reset it for me

Ha! I spent the whole time in the barn and never even made it up to the main house (where the "gun shop" was located). They moved some tonnage today, but I was busy selling my own tonnage, so I missed checking out the shop. By time all was over with, I was too whooped to even hit the shop area. I did talk to a guy who scored though. He found a closet that was stuffed with nothing but original boxes for bazillions of handguns (many for 1911's). I have no clue where this was as I never saw it the first day I was there. (the guy had paneling covering many small storage areas). I found one AFTER the first sale that had a very large safe. Nobody even knew it was there! They sold it today (it was empty and had the combination attached to the door). I also found out a little more about the previous owner ... he was a judge in Kentucky before moving to Florida many years ago.

I did come home with a few more treasures from the barn, but just never made it back to the "gun area" in the house.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Hombre's Avatar
    Thump "never made it to the gun area" priorities man, priorities. Did you get caught up in the cat toy section?

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Bwana's Avatar

I know a coupl'a people around this joint who could make good use of a tall stool right about now.

He said he spent the whole time out at the barn. Prolly petting the pony ifyouknowwhatimeanandithinkyoudo.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!