My small community had a protest yesterday as well. There were rumors of people from nearby larger cities planning on coming too so they called in a big portion of my agency to handle any issues that would come up. Luckily it stayed all local people and very few shows up and they petered out after a couple of hours.

As we were packing up our gear, a local asked if we had “finally ran them off”. We told him that they had left on their own and he told us that it was good that they did because he was going to gather up some of his friends and run them off themselves if we didn’t.

I’m located about 40 miles from Fort Wayne which is the 2nd largest city in Indiana. They had a rough weekend there. The “nonviolent protesters “ were shooting mortar tube launched fireworks at the officers and in addition to the fireworks, they had added pieces of metal in the tubes. One State Trooper got hit in the nads by one of them. The docs aren’t sure yet if there is any permanent damage. They were also using big squirt guns and lawn sprayers loaded up with bleach to spray at the officers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk