There is very seldom any sort of social unrest in our little podunk town, but I guess we're close enough to Tampa and Orlando for some of the "big city" crap to spill over. It appears some of our more "ignorant" citizenship decided to fight violence with violence yesterday (how moronic is that statement anydamnway?). I worked an estate sale yesterday and passed through this intersection on my way home just an hour before this happened. I didn't notice anything at all out of the ordinary when I came through there, but sitting here this morning, I can't help but wonder what may have happened if I'd been caught up in this bullshit.

This guy was simply driving through the intersection and they smashed all the windows including the sunroof out of his car. It "could" have been me and I had a loaded .45 with two fully loaded clips in my center console. I'd have to say I could have easily used the old "I feared for my life" defense, but seriously, I've been going over it in my head all morning, wondering how I would have reacted. I "think" I know, but I'm not 100% positive. Let's just say, I have VERY little tolerance for ignorant mother-fuckers and I'm afraid I'd have probably been looking for an attorney this morning. Instead, I'm simply wondering "what if"?

lakeland protest.jpg