Thread: Ignorant rat bastards!

Ignorant rat bastards!

There is very seldom any sort of social unrest in our little podunk town, but I guess we're close enough to Tampa and Orlando for some of the "big city" crap to spill over. It appears some of our more "ignorant" citizenship decided to fight violence with violence yesterday (how moronic is that statement anydamnway?). I worked an estate sale yesterday and passed through this intersection on my way home just an hour before this happened. I didn't notice anything at all out of the ordinary when I came through there, but sitting here this morning, I can't help but wonder what may have happened if I'd been caught up in this bullshit.

This guy was simply driving through the intersection and they smashed all the windows including the sunroof out of his car. It "could" have been me and I had a loaded .45 with two fully loaded clips in my center console. I'd have to say I could have easily used the old "I feared for my life" defense, but seriously, I've been going over it in my head all morning, wondering how I would have reacted. I "think" I know, but I'm not 100% positive. Let's just say, I have VERY little tolerance for ignorant mother-fuckers and I'm afraid I'd have probably been looking for an attorney this morning. Instead, I'm simply wondering "what if"?

lakeland protest.jpg
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    The challenge is that you need to act before you let them get close enough to lay hands in or disarm you. So, there’s really no waiting to find out if they just want to break some windows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) DeputyDog's Avatar
    My small community had a protest yesterday as well. There were rumors of people from nearby larger cities planning on coming too so they called in a big portion of my agency to handle any issues that would come up. Luckily it stayed all local people and very few shows up and they petered out after a couple of hours.

As we were packing up our gear, a local asked if we had “finally ran them off”. We told him that they had left on their own and he told us that it was good that they did because he was going to gather up some of his friends and run them off themselves if we didn’t.

I’m located about 40 miles from Fort Wayne which is the 2nd largest city in Indiana. They had a rough weekend there. The “nonviolent protesters “ were shooting mortar tube launched fireworks at the officers and in addition to the fireworks, they had added pieces of metal in the tubes. One State Trooper got hit in the nads by one of them. The docs aren’t sure yet if there is any permanent damage. They were also using big squirt guns and lawn sprayers loaded up with bleach to spray at the officers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Never try to fight an Old Dude. If you win, there's no glory; if you lose, your reputation is shot."

What would have made matters worse is that I had all sorts of estate sale items in the bed of my truck, including a $400-$500 copper kettle. There were also two VERY large Ridgid pipe threaders with handles that would have made for extremely dangerous "weapons" or could have been used to effect some big time damage on people or property. If I'd have seen that stuff start to "walk" out of my truck, I'm sure I'd have snapped and immediately blown a gasket.

I had two of these in the bed (they weigh 23-lbs. each!)

pipethreader.jpg

As well as this bad boy weighing in at 5-lbs. (truck/heavy equipment lug wrench or head-knocker).

DSCN6977.JPG

Needless to say, anybody reaching into the bed of my truck would have had access to some pretty nasty "weapons" considering the close quarters shown above.

Yeppers, same stuff here Deppity. The local PD showed up in force dressed in the military style riot gear accompanied by the heavy riot equipment/vehicles. Once they started dishing out large doses of tear gas, the crowd pretty much dissipated. They had it cleared up a little over an hour after it started.

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master
    And people wonder why racist acts aren't more openly comdemned...here's your sign. I can sympathize with unjust and unfair treatment but this type of behavior is criminal and needs to be treated as such. If this were a group of Caucasion, Mexican, Iranian, Asian, Jew Gentile or Catholic, I would expect and hope that the tear gas and rubber hoses would come out. Why is this any different?

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Bwana's Avatar
    There was a BIG blowout yesterday in ND's largest city of Fargo that got pretty out of hand.

Am a bit nervous as it sounds like they are headed here tomorrow. Fingers are crossed.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) johnboy's Avatar
    Hey Thump, just saw your Sherriff on twitter telling residents to shoot anyone who attempt to break in or vandalize their homes. Sounds good to me.

Wedon’t have to be told that where I live.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    Conway is in 3rd day of "protests"...........which no longer have anything to do with protesting for the most part.

Not one leader in this country has the balls to stop this. Not one. Not one single one. This is beyond belief. I am SO glad that I am old.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Quote Originally Posted by johnboy View Post
    Hey Thump, just saw your Sherriff on twitter telling residents to shoot anyone who attempt to break in or vandalize their homes. Sounds good to me.
    I assume you're talking about Grady Judd? Yep, my backyard fence line is the city limit. My neighbor on the other side of the fence is in the city and I'm in the county, so the Sheriff's Dep't responds to any calls I might make. Judd could give a rat's ass about political correctness and that's one of the reasons I always vote for him.

We had a shooting a few years back where some scumbag shot and killed a Sheriff's deputy as well as his K-9. He also shot and wounded another Deputy. The guy holed up in a wooded area overnight (he also had the slain officer's gun with him). The SWAT team entered the woods the next morning and found him hiding under a fallen tree. The guy made the mistake of aiming his gun toward the officers and they unloaded 110 rounds at his ass, hitting him 68 times (killing him). At the following news conference, a reporter asked the Sheriff why they had to shoot him so many times. His response was, "We'd have shot him more, but we ran out of bullets!"

He removed all the basketball goals from the county jail grounds and told the inmates they're not there for fun and games. He said he doesn't want the law-abiding citizens of his county driving past the jail every day on their way to work just to see inmates playing and having a good time. He donated the basketball goals to local churches and had the inmates dig them up from the jail and install them at the churches. He also stopped all beverages like juice, coffee, tea etc. at the jail and told the inmates tea-time is over, they can drink water. It saved the system $200,000! He told the kitchen to quit baking cornbread for the inmates and said they can eat crackers ... another savings. Ha! I love the guy. (he's also a Trump supporter)

He's constantly giving press conferences and he can't stand snowflake reporters. He has NO problem letting you know where he stands. Here's one of his typical news conferences when he tells a reporter "how it is"! (there are zillions of them)

Johnboy, I heard Grady's press conference on the news ... the one you mentioned above. Here's a transcript from the New York Times (I guess they'd consider him a radical deplorable).

Florida sheriff encourages residents to shoot looters breaking into homes

A Florida sheriff on Monday encouraged residents to open fire on violent looters who try to enter their homes.

“I would tell them, if you value your life, they probably shouldn’t do that in Polk County. Because the people of Polk County like guns, they have guns, I encourage them to own guns, and they’re going to be in their homes tonight with their guns loaded,” Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd told reporters during a news briefing.

“And if you try to break into their homes to steal, to set fires, I’m highly recommending they blow you back out of the house with their guns. So, leave the community alone.”

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) johnboy's Avatar
    That's the guy!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Penguin's Avatar
    It's a really bad situation.... I have not commented on it at all till now.

I do believe that there is an honest to goodness right to voice your grievances in this nation. What's more I agree with the protesters that this is an example (of many) of things that go on and have gone on. And it needs to stop. Now.

But you just cannot allow the violence and mayhem to continue. Those protesting peacefully need to have their rights protected. But you just have to get these goons separated and put away. There seem to be a hell of a lot of people who are using this as an excuse to raise all kinds of hell. A lot of them in groups that are simply using a legitimate issue to rage at the machine.

There is a lot of pent up rage in this country. Been building up for decades. Violence won't cure the problems we have. Not this unorganized shit I see on TV anyway. I say that as someone who has probably had 100 fist fights in his life and bounced his way through college. The violence will cloud the waters to where the real grievances are forgotten.

Will

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    What I see is not disorganized. Very choreographed.

No one is stopping it, slowing it down, or even trying hard. Many are in lockstep with the rioters. Wish I was wrong. Not one leader has done one thing other than talk a lot.

Day 9.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

If anybody tried to do anything, they’d be labeled a racist.

Quote Originally Posted by johnboy View Post
    That's the guy!
    Johnboy, Grady is a local boy, born and raised here (2-yrs. younger than I) and working for the Sheriff's Dep't is the only job he's ever had.

Note: I loves me some Grady Judd and I voted for him in every election since he first ran in '04. I'll be voting for him again this year.

From Wiki:

Grady Judd was born in Lakeland, Florida, in 1954. He earned both bachelor's and master's degrees from Rollins College, and has graduated from the FBI National Academy.

Judd (Republican) started working for the Polk County Sheriff's Office in 1972 as a telephone communicator. As the first employee under the age of 21 in the department's history, he was required to get his father to purchase his ammunition. At the age of 27, he attained the rank of captain, supervising 44 employees, all of whom were older than he. He was elected as the sheriff of Polk County in 2004, and re-elected in 2008, 2012, and 2016. Judd has served as an adjunct professor at both the University of South Florida and Florida Southern College.

Judd gained publicity as a sheriff with his "tell it how it is" demeanor. In 2006, when asked why his deputies shot a suspected cop killer 68 times, he responded "That's all the bullets we had."