Quote Originally Posted by johnboy View Post
That's the guy!
Johnboy, Grady is a local boy, born and raised here (2-yrs. younger than I) and working for the Sheriff's Dep't is the only job he's ever had.

Note: I loves me some Grady Judd and I voted for him in every election since he first ran in '04. I'll be voting for him again this year.

From Wiki:

Grady Judd was born in Lakeland, Florida, in 1954. He earned both bachelor's and master's degrees from Rollins College, and has graduated from the FBI National Academy.

Judd (Republican) started working for the Polk County Sheriff's Office in 1972 as a telephone communicator. As the first employee under the age of 21 in the department's history, he was required to get his father to purchase his ammunition. At the age of 27, he attained the rank of captain, supervising 44 employees, all of whom were older than he. He was elected as the sheriff of Polk County in 2004, and re-elected in 2008, 2012, and 2016. Judd has served as an adjunct professor at both the University of South Florida and Florida Southern College.

Judd gained publicity as a sheriff with his "tell it how it is" demeanor. In 2006, when asked why his deputies shot a suspected cop killer 68 times, he responded "That's all the bullets we had."