Thread: Ya' think we'll see a spike now?

Ya' think we'll see a spike now?

I was just watching some of the "protests" going on and it makes me wonder. The beaches, churches, bars, movie theaters, restaurants, theme parks, etc. etc. etc. are closed due to COVID. We're expected to observe "social distancing" everywhere we go that IS open. BUT ... I haven't seen these hoards of protesters observing ANY sort of "social distancing". Ya' think we'll see a major spike in COVID cases now? If not, do ya' think the social distancing stuff is just b/s and maybe this protesting/rioting/looting stuff is a good test to see if we can open things back up again? Just a thought.

('Course, there IS an alternative thought ... maybe COVID will "thin 'em out" a little. Kind'a like they're competing for a Darwin Award)
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Well don’t forget the Republican convention is gonna be a good old finger lickin good so I’ll make note to remember this post then!

And if there isn’t a spike we can all say we got fooled big time won’t we?

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Persactly what I was thinking P-hole. It should be easy to figure where the hot-spots "should be" after the dust settles. It may be interesting.
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) DeputyDog's Avatar
    I just saw where “experts” are claiming that the use of tear gas could accentuate the spread of Covid. So it seems that they are already putting it in motion to blame the police for any spikes related to the large demonstrations.

I know what tear gas does and can see how the larges discharges of mucus could be a problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Never try to fight an Old Dude. If you win, there's no glory; if you lose, your reputation is shot."

Maybe they should spray the clouds with hydrochloroquine. And sunshine!

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) DeputyDog's Avatar
    Or people could quit breaking windows, looting, and burning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Never try to fight an Old Dude. If you win, there's no glory; if you lose, your reputation is shot."

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Penguin's Avatar
    I've wondered the same thing Jim. You'd have to assume that we are going to see an increase in infections. But we've been wrong every way you can be with this thing so I wouldn't put any money on it.

We got our marching orders for the fall semester today. Looks like I'll be lecturing behind a mask this coming year. All in all it could have been much worse. Hopefully we don't have too much trouble. I do know that once we send the kids home for Thanksgiving break we aren't bringing them back. A week of online teaching and then online final exams. I guess it makes sense.

Will