Thread: This is insane!

This is insane!

I've mentioned "developing an eye" for decent items to sell on eBay. One other thing I often look for is old Tupperware. It's not normally something you'd get rich off of, but some pieces bring a premium. I made a small fortune a while back selling a Tupperware salt & pepper shaker with the wire rack, but for the life of me, I can't remember what it sold for. Let's just say, I was pleasantly surprised! I've sold three sets of measuring cups like these:

DSCN6995.JPG

Even though one of them was missing the lid and the print was worn in places, they brought in $35. Heck, I think I paid $1.00 total. Well, this weekend I found a small (2-cup) measuring cup at a thrift store for 25-cents. I didn't even bother researching it, I figured I could probably make a buck or two on it and simply threw it in with my other purchases. Well, today, I dug it out of the bag and decided to research it. DAMN! These things are bringing $50-$60 all day long! WTF?? It's about the size of a Coke can. Who'da thunk it? Let's just say, mine is now officially listed!

DSCN7375.JPG DSCN7376.JPG
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Are you sure about this???.....that bottom pic looks just like one of those urine collection cups at my doc's office.....if I was you, I'd wash my hands real good, after handling that thing.
    Southern Gentleman

Heck, it's only 2-cups ... I could fill 2 or 3 of them!

Well, that didn't last long. A lady paid $51.42 (including tax) for that bottom cup last night. I had it priced for a quick sale, so I guess it worked.

I have one of those top ones out in my garden. Do I need to bring it in and wash it up?

BKb
    Viva Renaldo!

Send it to me, I'll clean it up for you.

Quote Originally Posted by BarryBobPosthole View Post
    I have one of those top ones out in my garden. Do I need to bring it in and wash it up? BKb
    That reminds me of an estate sale I once attended. I found a flawless, Griswold, dutch oven lid in the back of a kitchen cabinet. I 'bout tore that kitchen apart trying to find the pot (cast iron pot P-hole!), but never did locate it. I just bought the lid. As I was leaving the sale, I spotted the rest of the pot under a tree in the front yard. It was being used as a planter! Evidently, whatever had been planted in it had died and the pot was just full of dirt and weeds. I dumped the dirt out and discovered the pot was rusted all to shit from being exposed to the elements for many years. To make matters worse, some yahoo had drilled a drain hole through the bottom for drainage (right through the center of the Griswold maker's mark)! ARRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) HideHunter's Avatar
    i have one of the big ones, up top.. always been my 'go-to' for making biscuits. i also eat off a fiestaware plate i got from my grandmother's stuff.. and cook about everyday in griz.. i'm old and they're older...
    If you turn a dog loose to hunt – you’d better to be ready to deal with what he trees.