Thread: Now, that's what it's all about right there!

Now, that's what it's all about right there!

I sold my first Dalton hand pump years ago and have only found one other since that time. Dalton had been in business since 1910 and thousands of these pumps were made for the WWII war effort, but most have been scrapped over time. Many buyers want them for restoration projects, especially old military Jeeps as they were part of the tool package. Anyway, I rescued a hand pump from an old shed at an estate sale a while back, but it had no markings. All the Dalton pumps I've seen are clearly marked with the manufacturer's castings, but based on previous experience, I listed this item as a "possible" Dalton, but had no way of knowing for sure. It sold last night. Based on the correspondence I received with the order, I'm assuming this unmarked pump must be a bit on the rare side. Things like this ... and the preservation of history, are what makes this job even more fun.

Here's the message I received with the order: (I think it's cool!)

Great find! We don’t have any of these pumps remaining at Dalton Corp. I hope to restore this and put it on display at our facility. Thank you!

pump1.jpg pump2.jpg
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    That is pretty darn cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) DeputyDog's Avatar
    That is cool. The Dalton Foundry where those pumps were made is in Warsaw, IN which is about 60 miles or so from where I live.

"Never try to fight an Old Dude. If you win, there's no glory; if you lose, your reputation is shot."

Nice, Jim!
    BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Penguin's Avatar
    Who would have guessed? That's damned cool Jim.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DeputyDog View Post
    That is cool. The Dalton Foundry where those pumps were made is in Warsaw, IN which is about 60 miles or so from where I live.

And Warsaw is the closest "big town" to when we stay with our buddies in Leesburg, IN, at their farm. Guess we won't anymore, I've tried to keep in touch since grandson died but they just don't answer. Maybe I wore thin on 'em. I've heard that's possible. Trying to get brother into Hospice, and mother into Home Health Nurse. Lots going on, hard to get through day, yet. But as D.D. knows, I live Northern Indiana. I never realized how neat of a place it is.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) DeputyDog's Avatar
    Bucky, if you ever do make it back up this way I think you would really like Pokagon State Park. They have a nice campground and also a really nice inn. Plus it’s right on Lake James which is one of the largest natural lakes in Indiana.

"Never try to fight an Old Dude. If you win, there's no glory; if you lose, your reputation is shot."