I sold my first Dalton hand pump years ago and have only found one other since that time. Dalton had been in business since 1910 and thousands of these pumps were made for the WWII war effort, but most have been scrapped over time. Many buyers want them for restoration projects, especially old military Jeeps as they were part of the tool package. Anyway, I rescued a hand pump from an old shed at an estate sale a while back, but it had no markings. All the Dalton pumps I've seen are clearly marked with the manufacturer's castings, but based on previous experience, I listed this item as a "possible" Dalton, but had no way of knowing for sure. It sold last night. Based on the correspondence I received with the order, I'm assuming this unmarked pump must be a bit on the rare side. Things like this ... and the preservation of history, are what makes this job even more fun.

Here's the message I received with the order: (I think it's cool!)

Great find! We don’t have any of these pumps remaining at Dalton Corp. I hope to restore this and put it on display at our facility. Thank you!

pump1.jpg pump2.jpg