Thread: Jimbo

Jimbo

You ever see one of these fancy tackleboxes at an estate sale?

When I was in second grade and fished every day of summer at Mr Wakely’s pond, I carried my gear in a cigar box. not the same as this but the picture brought back memories.

BKB

77BDE584-A2F7-4363-8570-7BC21D45E7C8.jpg
    Viva Renaldo!

Yessir, I see them all the time as a matter of fact. 90% of what I find are Prince Albert tobacco tins (I've seen a couple of those Velvet tins also). There are some rare ones out there that bring a premium but the common ones don't command much money at all.

I remember in Cub Scouts, our Pack Leader took us on a camp out and all we could take with us for any sort of "food" item, was what we could fit into a cigar box. Fishing line, hooks, etc. were considered "food related items". (a survival type thing)

We later went camping with only what we could fit into a match box (kitchen matches size box). The final trip was a tobacco tin like the above.

On one of those trips (don't remember which one) I got busted. They found the box of "Thin Mints" Girl Scout cookies that I had wrapped up in my sleeping bag. Bummer ... they were confiscated and ceremoniously added as "fuel" for the campfire.
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Take a gander at these P-hole. (ready to hit a few garage sales now?)

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...lete=1&_sop=16

Wow. As George Cain said “one person’s stuff is anpther person’s shit”.

I have one of my Grandpa Bruton’s corncob pipes on my office mantle with his WWI service banner and I thought an old Victor or PA. can of that era might look nice with it.
    If you see one holla. No worries if you don’t!
    BKB

Ps those are above my pay grade!
    Viva Renaldo!

I'll find sumpin' I'm sure. I see 'em all the time, but there's not a lot of money in 'em, so I usually leave 'em alone. Now if I find one that's pristine, I'll usually pick it up as I can make a few bucks, but those are rare and most of 'em have been pulling duty in the garage for many years holding nails, tacks, etc, so they've usually seen their better days. Add to that, the Florida humidity and you normally find a beat-up, scratched-up, rusted-up can.