I worked a sale on Sunday that had been going on for 3-days, so I really didn't expect to find much in the way of treasure. There was a small workshop in the back of the garage and people had been digging through all the tools, etc, so they were scattered everywhere! The work bench had drawers full of little crap ... screws, nails, gizmo's, widgets and the drawers were just the usual catch-all spaces for "stuff". I was standing there watching everyone scrounging around and noticed a guy digging through a drawer next to me. I spotted a small hatchet head (no handle) in the drawer and he kept pushing it aside so he could dig through the other little, loose crap. I reached down and picked up the head, asked the dude if he was interested and he replied, "I don't know what good that little thing would do, what could you cut with it?" I suppose people had been pushing it out of the way for 3-days before I picked it up.

Well, I knew exactly what it was and snagged it for a few pennies. Ok, it's pretty rough, but I've seen worse. Somebody had been hammering on the poll and had it all buggered up and mushroomed. It also had no handle, but I didn't care. I brought it home, wiped the years of crud off of it and threw it up on The Bay yesterday afternoon for $100. These little babies will bring $200 in decent condition with the handle ... and even more if pristine. Well, it didn't even last 24-hours and somebody snagged it today. I may have under-priced it.

So, ya' got's one'o these layin' around in the bottom of your tackle box or in a junk drawer someplace?

DSCN7594.JPG DSCN7596.JPG DSCN7600.JPG