Thread: Hey, Hide, I thought about you, last night.....

Hey, Hide, I thought about you, last night.....

The day'um coons invaded my sweet corn a few days ago.....so, I decided to fight back, and sat out there at dusk dark with my shotgun.....in a little over an hour, I put five of those fat bastages to sleep, permanently!!!.....at point blank shotgun range, these were the two biggest and "most intact".

IMG_1442.jpg
    Last edited by Big Muddy; 07-05-2020 at 10:51 AM.
    Southern Gentleman

It’s so tiny I can’t see it.

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master
    maybe it LOOKED big compared to other things

Well, the pic finally downloaded.....ya know, everything slows down in the south, during the summertime heat.
    Southern Gentleman

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    It’s so tiny I can’t see it.
    .....Said Lynn.....
    Southern Gentleman

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) HideHunter's Avatar
    lol..it seems to be a banner year for them here, too.. I've had to run traps at my house for 4.. Got 2 each for two different neighbors.. had to use the dog-proofs there.. They both have cats (can you imagine someone having cats on purpose? I think they have pink pants, too ) .. they were tearing up their bird feeders.. Hate to think what sweet corn time will bring.. I'm sure I'll be getting some calls.. Nice work, by the way..
    If you turn a dog loose to hunt – you’d better to be ready to deal with what he trees.

I just relocated FOUR of those bastages along with (lost count of how many 'possums). 'Possums are fugly sob's and look like giant rats, but they don't give me a problem when it comes to releasing them. The coons on the other hand are mean ass bastards and get extremely aggressive when in the trap. I'd love to just shoot them and be done with them, but I live in a civilized part of town and would have a hard time getting away with discharging a firearm in my back yard. I take 'em down the road to a wooded area and release 'em. We had a stray cat we were trying to trap, but the coons and 'possums seemed to be an endless frigging train! We FINALLY coaxed the cat in without having to trap her and we snagged her.

We seem to have an endless supply of these critters. I don't know where they keep coming from. I can set a trap 10 different nights and have no doubt I'd have one of these bastages in the trap every morning.

coon.jpg possum.jpg
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

I think it’s true what the old timers say.....”A coon will walk right thru 200 acres of field corn to get at a single stalk of sweet corn.”

Quote Originally Posted by Big Muddy View Post
    .....Said Lynn.....
    You know what they say, "It ain't what'cha got, it's how you use it!"

'Course, these days, I just use mine to pee, but even that's a chore if I forget to take my prostate meds!
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain