Thread: Sewer Jetter Knowerabouters

Sewer Jetter Knowerabouters

I have an outdoor drain that has gotten clogged with pine needles. anybody ever used a sewer jetter nozzle on a power washer to clear a clog in a drain like that?

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Many, many, many times. In fact I own a couple. Even had a contract with Mobile Oil to do monthly maintenance on their phosphate washer lines (clearing the pipes of sand, etc)

Not sure how well they’d work with pine needles though.

What’s your persact question?

I was wondering where to find one and if there is a particular kind to get. And how well they work.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

1.) Hire a guy with a jetter truck to do it right.....a couple hunnert bucks.
    2.)Then, hire a tree man to cut down those day'um pine trees.....no more pine needles or pine cones.....I cut down every day'um one in my yard.....best thing I ever did!!!
    Southern Gentleman

I have to agree with you Muddy. I used to have nine HUGE pines in my front yard. Lightning took out the first one, hurricanes got the rest of them. My neighbor loves me for it. Have you ever tried to get pine needles out of your screened pool enclosure? It’s impossible! They have to rot away! Just a couple oaks and a camphor tree in front now.

P-hole, there are TONS of variables needed to answer your question. Size (length/diameter) of pipe. Pressure (PSI) and more importantly, GPM of your pump. That will all determine the size of the head (orifices) and what you can expect to do with all of it.

TBH, dealing with pine needles, I’d say your best (DIY) bet would be to rent a professional grade snake unit. I’d think it’d be a lot cheaper and prolly do a better job, unless I’m missing sumpin’ here.
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Southern Gentleman