"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

“And I aint even got a garage you can ask my wife”
    Viva Renaldo!

"........... you can call home and ask my wife"

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) HideHunter's Avatar
    Seals Barnes (and George ) asked it best.. "Who's gonna fill their shoes?"

Play that golden fiddle, Charlie...
    If you turn a dog loose to hunt – you’d better to be ready to deal with what he trees.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Bwana's Avatar
    Did enjoy listening to that ol boy.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Penguin's Avatar
    He'll be missed. Put out some truly great stuff.

And a good, if opinionated, fella too. I can relate.

Will

It seems if artists have opinions then a lot of people won’t listen to them. Their opinions only count one like everyone else’s but itsthe popular thing to do.

There ain’t much I agreed with Old Charlie about but I sure liked his music. Saw him perform at least four times right there where Thumper lives.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Quote Originally Posted by BarryBobPosthole View Post
    There ain’t much I agreed with Old Charlie ........ BKB
    Ha ha ha ha! Yep, I could'a guessed that.

From an article in today's paper:
    Daniels often took a more right-leaning bent, and often expressed a more strident, conservative tone.
    Here are a couple of excerpts from an interview a couple years ago regarding Trump:

You know, our economy’s doing good, all kind of things are going on .... it’s time for the United States of America to move forward, to put aside our differences and to heal our wounds.
    When we pay attention to political correctness and things that don’t really mean anything, we’re wasting time, energy and political capital by not getting something meaningful done. We spend time chasing rainbows.
    Like I don’t think there’s anybody in Congress who actually thinks that anybody in the Trump administration actually colluded with the Russians to the detriment of the United States. You know, I don’t think there’s anybody who really believes that. I think they’re just doing it, trying to make political points — trying to get one guy thrown out of office and another one put in. You know, if all the time, if all this energy, was put together on something meaningful …
    I’m not saying I do like President Trump, I have never endorsed political candidates. I don’t do that. I agree with them a lot of times, but it’s not really an endorsement. It’s … just the way I feel about things.
    Continuing from a recent article:

Daniels’ feelings can create controversy. He raised some eyebrows last summer when he spoke out against the removal of Confederate statues in southern states.

“If tearing them down did any good, I’d be all for it,” he says. “But I don’t see where it does any good. … What is it accomplishing? I mean, who is it really helping?

“There’s always going to be somebody that people disagree with. Always. There’s people I disagree with. I mean, I see things on TV that literally infuriate me. But the thing of it is, I don’t have to watch it. I just turn it off.”

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    Yeah, Thump. BOY it's hard to agree with those sentiments of Charlie's, right? LOL

People who claim that the active and impassioned actions of others is meaningless, is going to raise an eyebrow or two, even if he's right.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.