I do live in Lakeland .... now. I was born and raised in Orlando. I graduated H/S in 1970, went to a year of college, then Uncle Sam came knocking. (they started the draft lottery) I had a student deferment but found out that all that meant was, I couldn't be drafted until I graduated or quit going to school. I figured I'd get the military out of the way, then finish school on the GI Bill. (it never happened) When I got out of the service (late '75), my folks had relocated to California, so I settled in there until '77, then moved back to Orlando. I missed the opportunities L. A. offered and moved back to California a couple years later. In '89, my doctor diagnosed me with "work related" high blood pressure and told me I needed a career change, or I'd need to go on meds. I went home, thought about it, quit my job, threw a 'for sale" sign in my front yard and in two weeks, my house was sold! I was past the point of no return and moved back to Florida with dreams of starting my own business (couldn't afford to do it in California). By that time, Disney had been here for 18 years and the Orlando area had exploded. Heck, I may as well have stayed in L.A. if I wanted all that craziness! Lakeland is a sleepy little town on the Interstate between Orlando and Tampa. It's slow and the cost of living is relatively low, yet I can be in Orlando OR Tampa in 40-mins. I've been here for 31 years now.