Thread: Now, it's hit us square between the eyes......

Now, it's hit us square between the eyes......

My wonderful m-i-l is in assisted living, and tested positive, yesterday.....several nurses and workers tested positive, as well.....her entire facility has been under preventive quarantine for the past 2 months, and my wife is going crazy, not being able to just see her mom....telephone calls, only.
    Now, the residents are confined to their rooms.....they can't use the recreation hall, or even the dining hall.....it's a sad situation, and I really feel sorry for these seniors.
    Southern Gentleman

That's a way too common situation down here. Half the population here is in nursing homes, a quarter of the remaining population are transplanted Yankees and the rest are relocated whomevers with a few native Florida crackers in the mix. But it's mostly the nursing homes that are taking a beating right now and those residents are the most susceptible. I hope it all works out for your MIL .... but that's almost a lose/lose situation to be stuck in.
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Bwana's Avatar
    Prayer for your situation BM

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Big Skyz's Avatar
    I'm sorry to hear this. We are going through something very similar here. My MIL is in an assisted living place and 3 of the residents and 2 of the workers tested positive last week. Totally shut the place down. Now I know its for their own good, but a lot of those residents don't understand that. My MIL is deteriorating fast from dementia so she doesn't fully comprehend why she can't see her kids or grandkids. She definitely doesn't understand why she can't just go for a walk anymore. It's become a prison in her mind. Frankly it sorted seems that way to a normal mind. My own mother has been fighting cancer the last two years and has more or less been quarantined the whole time due to a weak immune system because of chemo. Just about the time was able to see her kids and grandkids again, BOOM Covib-19 reared its ugly head. My poor mother is just about to lose her mind as her family is what she lives for.

thanks, guys.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Penguin's Avatar
    Sorry to hear that guys. There really is a cost to this thing for those in nursing homes. I hope for the best for your families.

Hopefully conditions change and they can get to see their loved ones soon. To an older person being quarantined from their families is akin to torture.

Will

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) jb's Avatar
    Tough, hope all works out in the end.
    Get her a cell phone that lets you do live video and sound, we did that when out kids were oversea's worked great.
    Also a lap top that you can do skype, much better than just a phone.
    The older I get, the better I was. I also forget my password and have to have Len reset it for me