Thread: 16 years ago

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar

16 years ago

today.............

I was in Conway ER with a Left Anterior Descending Myocardial Infarction. Smart guys like QA know what that means. For Thump and others, it's a Widowmaker Heart attack.

4% of the people who get that, survive. I didn't either. I flatlined 3 times but they shocked me back. First call I remember 2 days later, wife had my cell phone, was Cappy.

Luck is not a strong enough word. Blessed comes closer. Still inadequate.

But for what I'm seeing in America these days, and what I'm going through here at home, the alternative doesn't sound as awful as it once did. Trouble is, I'm pretty sure where I'm headed afterwards, and it ain't pretty! LOL. Regardless, if you guys can possibly avoid that, I suggest you do. It wasn't much fun.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Yeppers, that ol' heart stoppage thing gets interesting. 7 times for me and I have to admit, I DID look for the light ... never saw it. I was hoping for maybe an "out of body experience" ... wondered if I'd be on the ceiling looking down at everyone crying (or partying maybe?) .... never happened. I expected it to get very, VERY warm and for someone to hand me a pitchfork ... that never happened either. TBH, I was a little disappointed that NOTHING weird happened ... I simply came back around and was back to where I'd started. Then again, I guess that's a good thing! I'm not so sure I was ready for the alternative quite yet.

Welcome back Buckster ... just think of all the fun you'd have missed if you'd checked out back then.
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) johnboy's Avatar

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    Well, I'd be happy to die tomorrow. And by "tomorrow", I mean the same "tomorrow" that is on the sign in the bars that says "Free Beer Tomorrow".
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master
    I'm just glad that you're back even if only for a little while. You still own us a few trip reports or at least summaries of your escapades. Deer, fish, travel or whatever.

Buckrub, Had that almost 20 years ago. they found me on the office floor heading out the door to go deer hunting. Needless to say didn't make it that season. Spent 20 days in ICU, was knocked out by drugs for 15 of those days only the thing I remember is when I came to was saying my damm chest hurt. Still kickin' and have been on two elk hunts since and a few deer hunts to make up for the one I lost. Glad you are doing well.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Bwana's Avatar
    Glad you are still around Bucky

AND Flatlander!