Thread: Just my luck ....

Just my luck ....

Well, we've been about to go bonkers with the covid quarantine crap, so we made reservations for a few days in Daytona with an oceanfront room. We'll be headed over first thing tomorrow morning.

beachroom.jpg

Of course, here's the weather forecast!

Tropical Storm Isaias could hit Florida within 48 hours with wind speeds near hurricane strength.
    Top wind speeds of 70 mph were predicted in a forecast discussion Thursday, which is just short of hurricane strength. Some models show it at hurricane strength near the U.S., according to the NHC.

That little circle (8:00 am Sunday) is right about where Daytona is. Of course, the storm is over 300 miles wide, so anywhere even close is close enough. Yeee Haaaww!

hurricane.jpg
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Well, we decided to monitor this thing and waited until the last minute to cancel our reservations. Last night ol' Isaias became a Cat 1 hurricane and is expected to become a Cat 2 by time it crosses the Central Bahamas. So, instead of watching the bad weather from the windows of a nice beach side resort, I guess we'll stay home and batten down the hatches here. Unless this thing makes a drastic turn, we should just get tons of rain and a few nasty wind gusts. Oh well, between Covid, the weather and finances due to Lynn being out of work, SOMEBODY just doesn't want us leaving the house.

It doesn’t look like (hopefully) that this one will be of the size to do devastating damage, but I’m wondering what the anti mask freedom fighters will do with any mandatory evac orders?
    BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    Oh well, between Covid, the weather and finances due to Lynn being out of work, SOMEBODY just doesn't want us leaving the house.
    Can't be God since he doesn't exist and if he did he's too busy to be concerned with mere mortals.

Maybe you've offended Quetzalcoatl. Might need to sacrifice a virgin or a chicken or something..................

WHAT??? Waste a good chicken??? I don't know any virgins .... 'cept maybe a coupl'a fugly 5th graders. Will they qualify?

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Penguin's Avatar
    Canceled? Come on man, where's your sense of adventure?

Awww, I ain’t askeered of no dang hurricane, it’s just that we had a lot of outdoor activities planned.